Sunday, February 14, 2010

Grooming an Olympian

What do these little ice skates* have to do with our weekend fun? I promise I don't just dress her in costume for nothing....Our friends hosted an Olympic opening ceremony party on Friday night and Olivia came dressed as a future gold medal ice skater!
Somehow the only pics I managed to get were of my adorable Olympian and the delicious themed food. But I promise there were about 12 other people there.
(click to enlarge if you can't read her shirt that Ryan made)

We stayed up WAY too late, ate WAY too much food, and had a great time. We had to leave before the ceremony was done because it was pretty late and we were already exhausted but we saw the majority of it. The food table had American flag pizza, luge shaped cream cheese dip, candy Olympic rings, orange sherbet and cones (like the Olympic torch), Canadian Dry Ginger Ale, Half Pipe bread bowl, Maple cookies, nanaimo bars (some Canadian dessert), and yummy snowballs.I was pretty impressed with all the creative edible themed foods. But not as impressed as I was with this little star who no doubt will be stealing the hearts of thousands around the globe at the 2026 Olympics!!Now I must finish this post because we are watching ice skating right now. I just love the Olympics!We had a very busy weekend with a Valentine Party and a birthday party of which I will be posting about soon, so check back!

*Ice skates were made by taping a piece of silver cardstock to the bottom of some "heelarious" shoes Ryan's cousin gave us.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somebody obviously has way too much time on their hands to put together a themed spread like that. Sounds like you guys had a great time. And that little girl gets the gold medal for sure in the "cutest" ice skater at the party category. Glad you got to use Megans shoes. Love Mom

Kayla said...

Those shoes are great!

LittleKelly said...

I find it funny that Olivia will be an Ice Skater since her mother wont go near a set of ice skates since her "accident" ages ago. Which reminds me... Did you see the speed skater that cut open his leg??

Erica said...

Haha Kelly. I was about to say the same thing about who was going to teach Olivia to skate. :)

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you found a good use for the shoes LOL that is probably the most creative thing i have seen in awhile!!!! She is gorgeous!!! Megan

tricia said...

soooooo cute!! she definitely looks like a gold medalist! American flag pizza? fantastic-ly creative.

tricia said...

soooooo cute!! she definitely looks like a gold medalist! American flag pizza? fantastic-ly creative.

Related Posts with Thumbnails