Saturday, March 20, 2010

Here's Your Chance!


I'M SOLICITING ADVICE!!!
You heard me right! We bought tickets this week for our trip to New York in May. We will be there for 3 short nights and plan on staying with Erin and her very kind roommate. We are mainly going to see this guy play live at Town Hall because we love him and have loved him for a very long time now, but the rest of America won't love him enough for him to play very many concerts around here. It's also our anniversary so we can count it as a celebratory gift!
The reason I am soliciting advice is because we have already both been to New York so we have no desire to see the Statue of Liberty or Empire State Building and other popular things like that. So I'm asking you guys what we should do with the rest of our time while we are there?? Someone mentioned a food tour and I looked it up and it seems pretty cool. The only other thing I would like to do is go see this guy's art at the American folk museum there. I saw that documentary about him and am fascinated. Yes Olivia is going with us, yes we have a babysitter lined up for the night of the concert, and yes I'm crazy for wanting to fly with a baby again so soon. This proves how much we love Josh Ritter! (and no he is not John Ritter's son)

Coming up soon a video of Olivia eating fooooooood!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since we had the kids with us when we went, I enjoyed their expressions at the Central Park Zoo. I know Olivia is little to even remember, yet it was a peaceful place to be in the middle of the busy city. If I get to go back I want to try that Ninja restaurant. -April

kmom said...

I thought I had a AAA book on New York. Did I let you borrow it? If not, I might be able to get one while I'm visiting you. We waited all day for the Olivia video, but we can wait some more.

Leslie said...

oh. SO MANY THINGS.

first off, i know josh ritter! my old roommate and a former cayugan used to manage him! actually, ALI used to manage him! You know who i'm talking about, right? Ali?? I've talked to him on the phone and although I don't know what their relationship is now, he belonged to Tough Love management which had 2 employees for the 2 bands they managed. CRAZY that you're in love with his tunes!

secondly, i have so many recs for nyc. as you know, it's our fave place to be. what kind of stuff are you looking to do?

Erin said...

take a day trip to Philly!! :)

tricia said...

i was JUST about to write "hey, didn't ali used to work for josh ritter?"

ah nyc!! so fun, oh my gosh. so much to do...

Anonymous said...

maybe go see the art museums there, or if you're in for a bit of a back to this earth moment, go and visit ground zero. I've never been, but those would be on my list of things to see....along with the other things you've already seen. :D Jessica Van Winkle

devon lorraine ... said...

i knew i knew this name! it's because of ali!! (as les mentioned!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails