Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Olivia in flight

We did it. We flew with a baby, and we can check that off of our list of "crazy things to do." I give Olivia an A+ on flying and I give myself a C-. She really did great and anytime she got a little fussy I just nursed her...which did lead to more wet diapers on a 4 hour flight but the changing station in the tiny bathroom is actually very helpful. The stewardesses and passengers all gave compliments on what a good baby she was, but it still was really stressful for me (did I mention we almost made it to the airport in plenty of time at about 4:30AM and then realized we'd forgotten to put the suitcase in the car?!), and then being sick on the plane with her wasn't fun at all, so I'm in no hurry to do that again....except we did have plans in May that include an airplane so I'll think long and hard about it. Besides that, people without kids can fly and come see us for awhile! More pics of our great time in Oregon to come soon! Thanks for your well-wishes yet again. We're still on the mend today but things are looking better. It was a blessing in disguise that I was sick today because a scary incidence happened at the babysitters that involved a stolen car with a baby inside, but everyone is ok and I keep thanking God for that!!!

5 comments:

Jennifer Reinsch said...

The top picture REALLY confused me for awhile. It looked like Olivia was floating, and I was trying to figure out if you guys had made your trip to Oregon on the space shuttle.

kmom said...

I bet Olivia smiled when you weren't taking pictures.

Chellie said...

Oh my goodness... that was your babysitter!!! I felt so bad for the poor girl

amanda said...

I am still really confused by the top photo. Please explain?!
There is a changing station in airplane bathrooms? I am amazed at what can fit in there. (Liv's hair and face in the last photo cracks me up).

lauren and brad said...

I love these pics! You did great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails