Monday, March 08, 2010

Snot Nosed Kid

I thought the sick bug was on it's way out the door but Olivia is hacking up a lung all day and all night now. It's the most pitiful thing you ever did hear. She stayed home from church with her sick dad yesterday morning and she had me up at least 7 times last night checking on her with her coughing fits. It breaks a mama's heart! No fever though so the Dr. said just keep suctioning her nose and feeding her. That's all there is to do besides using a humidifier. I wish I could give her a sprite and a throat lozenge but she's still a bit too young for that. Oh well, if you need me I will be in bed with a snuggly sick babe nursing every hour on the hour! From the looks of it she doesn't seem to mind too much....I promise she's more pitiful than this but she can't help but ham it up when she sees mom's camera! I know it's hard to take me seriously though when a sick baby looks this thrilled!

6 comments:

kmom said...

She looks happier than in most of her poker-faced pictures. Are you sure you didn't give her a tiny bit of cough medicine?

NateandJanine said...

I agree! She looks alittle "high", are you sure you didnt slip her something? Haha She is soo cute!! Katie when you have time call me!

The Moores said...

This sounds exactly like what Alice is doing today. Poor babies, it breaks my heart every time that big ol' cough starts.

Anonymous said...

All us Oregonians say "I'm sorry". Hope you'll want to come back some day anyway. Love you, Mom

TLKOREGON said...

SORRY!!! We tried to keep it away from you! She is just too adorable not to cuddle and kiss. Violet and Hazel only had it for about 5 days, so hopefully it doesn't last too much long.

LittleKelly said...

Elijah has those same PJ's!

Related Posts with Thumbnails