Thursday, March 18, 2010

So I have this friend...

I really do have this friend, who doesn't have a blog, but has such a blogworthy job working with...shall we say "at risk youth" at a school in OKC that shall remain nameless to protect the innocent...or not so innocent. I just HAD to share this email she sent me the other day with you and maybe convince her to start a blog! I'm sure there is some kind of privacy law prohibiting that but since I didn't tell you who she is or what the school is everything's still anonymous! Anyway here it is....

Last week during just 1 night of parent/teacher conferences, the following three events took place:
#1: I had a parent show up with a black eye and got to have the domestic abuse chat
#2: Another mother showed up drunk and I almost couldn't get her to leave
And to top it off,
#3: I had a mother who, mid-conference, had a cockroach climb out of her shirt! Not even lying!! She just flicked it off her shirt and smashed it on the floor, then turned to me and said "We have a pretty bad roach problem." Well heck yeah you do if they're climbing out of your clothes! And what the heck are you smoking that you can't even feel it climbing around in there?! All I could come up with in an effort to be nice was "Man, that must be a pretty tough situation." It was pretty hard to move on with any sort of normal conference after that. Especially since, much like when a person talks about head lice and you're suddenly certain that you have them, I spent the rest of the night just sure that there was something crawling on me.

See what I mean? She needs a blog! Anyway here is the unrelated but yet obligatory photo of my kid wearing a wonderful gift from Devon. This is the name of her grocery store in Chicago. How sweet is she for sending it!

6 comments:

kmom said...

What a cute top! Is it one piece? She looks like she is actually sitting up and not leaning against the pillow. Is she sitting by herself? Give her a kiss from Grammy.

Leslie said...

great idea, devon! That market is literally down the street from the larkins and is almost as cute as olivia's crazy hair...almost.

lizcannon said...

okay seriously? a freaking roach? i think i would have passed out, or ran away. hoy cow.
on another note... love love love the outfit, good job devon!

Anonymous said...

I just don't know if I could do her job. You have to have the wisdom of Solomon to deal with people in that capacity. And that Olivia is such a sweetie. Can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks. Love Mom

devon lorraine ... said...

the only part of that outfit that is from me is the 'olivia's market' onesie. her stylist put together the ensemble!

lauren and brad said...

I would totally read her blog. hilarity!

and that might be the cutest pic of liv to date. ADORABLE!

Related Posts with Thumbnails