Monday, March 08, 2010

To those of you who think you want kids

Watch this 25 second clip and then you might change your mind. video
If you haven't changed your mind yet then watch it 288 times in a row and you'll have a better idea of the "fun" of parenthood. This is what that happy sick baby below did for 2 hours this afternoon. She did finally throw up which I thought might make her feel better, but I think it angered her even more. I tried nursing, gripe water, a bath, changing diaper, teething tablets, naked time, rocking, pacifiers, music, books, violent rocking, changing positions, leaving her alone, suctioning her nose, saline solution, changing diaper again and none of it worked until 2 hours later she gave up and is in and out of sleep beside me, occasionally awakening to cough. Forget those plastic battery operated babies, I think it should be mandatory to show a 2 hour video fun fest of screaming babies to high school kids and maybe then the teenage pregnancy rate would drop.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Katie. I pray Olivia feels better soon. -April

Michelle said...

The girls down here should watch it for sure, there are 2 girls pregnant at Pittsburg High School...sisters, which is just crazy to me. I hear it is the same at all the surrounding places, guess that's what they do for fun.

The Moores said...

That is a great idea! Only make the kids take the video home with them and make it mandatory that they play it at 2 o'clock in the morning for 3 straight nights.

The Moores said...

I know you didn't ask for advice, but whenever my babies would get really worked up and hard to calm down I would take them outside for a few minutes. Sometimes just some fresh air and a change of scenery would be enough to distract them from their worries.

Kayla said...

Are babies too young to get phenergan!!? That should knock them out and help with stomach! Man...you may need to put on some headphones and listen to christian music to keep you uplifted!

Anonymous said...

Makes Grandma want to cry watching it. Wish I were there to help walk the floor with her. Hopefully her antibodies are multiplying as we speak so you won't have to go through this too many times. Love you all. Mom

Erin said...

Oh Katie. Breaks my heart. I'm sorry Olivia is feeling bad. If only this crap would all go away. We could be happy again.

kmom said...

So sorry for you and Olivia. So sorry Grandma and I cannot be there to give you a break. Do you still have the big bouncy ball? Seems like nothing would have helped much.

Chellie said...

It didn't even look like that noise was coming out of her honestly. Brixton watched it with me and I swear he put his hand toward the screen like he was offerring her his thumb! It was cute. Hope she feels better soon.

Leslie said...

oh, sweetie. still has a little billy goat in her. sad face.

Shawn and Becky said...

Poor thing . . . Could she have an ear infection? Have you tried Tylenol? Cameron got them after runny noses and after hours of that cry I finally figured it out. And if not I'm with Carrie sometimes a breath of fresh air does amazing things. Hope she, and you, feel better soon. And sorry for ye unsolicited advice :)

Shawn and Becky said...

Oh and a tip for ear infection spotting is if she's more upset when on her back - it hurts their ears more.

Related Posts with Thumbnails