Monday, April 12, 2010

Silver Dollar City

I've lost track of how many visits we've made to Branson in the past 7 years or so (Ryan's grandparents live there), but in ALL of those visits I have NEVER been to Silver Dollar City...until this last week! (For those of you from TN who are old enough to remember Opryland...it's like that but with less singing shows). Ryan's parents treated us to a day there and we had a great time. We went on Friday and since school is still going on, we pretty much had the park to ourselves! I was a little nervous that I wouldn't like rollercoasters anymore since it has been awhile since I've ridden on one. Thankfully I still had fun on them, but I did seem to feel more nauseous afterward...I told Ryan it was because my organs still haven't found their way back to the proper spots after having a baby. Maybe it's true. Either way we enjoyed not having to wait in any lines for the rides and we took turns staying with Olivia. Her favorite ride was the stroller! The sickest I felt at the park was in this thing called Grandpa's mansion (those of you who've been there are probably laughing at me). It's not even a ride, just a house built on a VERY steep slope, but everything in the house is made to look level and trick your eye so you think the floor is straight but it's not. It did a number on me and I couldn't even keep my eyes open in there it made me feel so weird! I felt like getting on the floor and crawling because I wasn't sure I was going to make it out ok....I know I'm a weirdo! We also took advantage of the babysitting and went to the movies to see Date Night. Hilarious. And of course ended the date with some blizzards from DQ. Olivia earned her babysitting keep by helping her grandmothers sort through medical supplies that were under the bed. She's hoping for a career in Clean Sweep on TLC someday.It was a fun and fast trip but we got to see some of the family and of course the grandparents got to love on Olivia which is the most important thing! We did miss Laura, Violet, and Hazel by a few hours though so that was a bummer.

4 comments:

The McDowells said...

We were there last week too! We went on Thursday and Friday. That would of been funny if we ran into each other!

Michelle said...

Jeremy and I saw Date Night too, after the movie I told him it's a good thing I'm probably not dialated, cause I was laughing so hard during that car chase. Maddie might have made an appearence during the movie.

Monique and Granny said...

Looks like you had a fun time!
I love when John takes me to get a blizzard at DQ.

lauren and brad said...

hooray for date night! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails