Monday, May 17, 2010

Green as the grass that might grow on the 23rd Psalm

It rained ALL week long last week and while it was nice to fall asleep to at night, I'm ready for the sun! It has helped make things in our yard grow and turn green! Just look at this blossoming something....


Upon closer inspection though, I noticed something odd growing in the middle of it. Take a look and tell me if you know what it is....


I think it's a cabbage patch kid. I checked and there was no Xavier Roberts signature, so I'm not sure what it is!


I promptly pulled it by the roots and disposed of it but somehow it found its way back into my house and I've grown to love it.


(Lyrics in title from the song "Rainslicker" by Josh Ritter)

11 comments:

Jennifer Reinsch said...

Poor Olivia, but what darling pictures.

Erin said...

I can't believe she let you put her in the flowers like that! H would throw a fit. So glad to see you Saturday!

~Christy said...

AHHAHAHAHAHA!

Anonymous said...

Where in the world did you get that HAT!!! I wish my yard grew those kinds of flowers. Kiss that sweet little girl for Gma. Love, Mom I aka Gma

ktsdad said...

I knew we left that "green stuff" along the fence for some reason!!!

Anonymous said...

Somebody is having fun and another somebody is tolerantly cooperating. It won't be long until your photo subject does not stay put for long. Then you get to try rewards (bribery.) I recognized the hat as a skirt. What a creative mama!

Tarren and Erin said...

Katie and Olivia, you girls are so silly! I enjoyed seeing you on Saturday. We should hang out this week.

Shawn and Becky said...

That's the cutest addition to a garden I've ever seen.

lauren and brad said...

Kate. This post had brad and I laughing outloud. Yes, even brad laughed outloud. It is so stinkin' funny. I am voting it as funniest blog I've ever read. So cute!

Monique and Granny said...

Hahaha!!

tricia said...

i am 100%, cracking up right now, sooo funny! :) please submit these photos in a contest!

Related Posts with Thumbnails