Saturday, May 01, 2010

On a Saturday night, in a town like this, I forget all my songs about trains

If you know why my baby's face looks like this then you can understand ALL the fun I am having today!
If you do not know why her face looks like this I will give you multiple choice
A. She got a hold of a Sharpie
B. She got a hold of Kool-aid powder
C. She's trying to be the clown from Spawn (Ryan added this one--google it)
D. She has thrush that is being treated with gentian violetThe correct answer is D. Sometimes I think the universe is telling me to quit breastfeeding...or maybe it's Satan...either way at this point we're in for the long haul, so a little thrush won't stop us!

Too bad Josh Ritter didn't sing a song with the lyrics "I've got a blueberry for a daughter!" (The title lyrics are from the song "Me and Jiggs" by Josh Ritter)

9 comments:

Shawn and Becky said...

But if you stop breastfeeding you wouldn't thane these adorable pictures. She looks happy and healthy - and so cute, hang in there.

kmom said...

I will need to google thrush. I think you had it in your early teens when you had black stuff on your tongue. Good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

I've never liked blueberries until today. That is one adorable baby, even with a blue face. I hope she's not too miserable. We love you guys and can't wait to see you (hopefully tomorrow). Love, Mom I

Tarren and Erin said...

Katie, hang in there. Liesel never had thrush but I had yeast on my breasts and it made nursing quite painful. I treated it with a solution of vinegar and water that I put on there after every time L nursed. We didn't have to use gentian violet but got close.

ktsdad said...

Just one more thing Liv and Poppa have in common! I loved the taste of the gentian violet (NOT)!

Anonymous said...

Omg!!!! And she's still so stinking cute!!

Kira

kmom said...

I hope she keeps smiling! Love, Grammy

Monique and Granny said...

Poor girl, but such a cute face!

devon lorraine ... said...

almost 4 months later, i came back and found this post. i of course had no idea what thrush was when you posted this in may. how times have changed! liv did look awfully cute in that "i found a sharpie" look!

Related Posts with Thumbnails