Monday, June 07, 2010

La Cucaracha de la NIGHTMARE!

I'm having deja' vu and I wish I weren't! We were up at 4:30am due to this EXACT same issue (funny that's it's been exactly a year since then....not funny, disgusting) It actually also happened a few weeks ago right before our quarterly pest control man came. Both of these times though it was on Ryan's side of the bed. We are disgusted yet again and do not understand. I'm googling away and all I can find is that cockroaches like wet places and food. So they should be in our kitchen sink right? Or our pipes? Or near garbage cans? Or the bathtub or fridge or hot water tank? Nope, none of these places. Just our pillows?! I have a feeling if I call the exterminator he will say we live in an old house, it's just a problem in older homes, it might be the neighbors, etc. and I don't want to be annoying but he just came and sprayed the house so why are they in my bed?! I can handle an occasional cockroach in the house, I really can, BUT NOT IN OUR BED!!!! After much googling all I can find is advice to buy home spray (done that), use an exterminator (done that) and use boric acid (I'll be buying some today!) Any advice on this is welcome, PLEASE comment if you have any!

8 comments:

kmom said...

Call the exterminator right away. It is his problem since he is spraying your house. He needs to know if his product is working. Do you have any water under your house or dampness? Your pillows are close to a window and it might be damp there due to rains. Be sure the storm windows are in place. That might help some and that the screens have no holes in them. Also maybe pull stuff out from under your bed and vacuum any dust bunnies under there. Good luck!

kmom said...

Are you still sleeping with that pillow with the water in it?

Anonymous said...

Move to Oregon!!! And don't invite the cockroaches to come with you. Love Mom

Leslie said...

EW! If I could use a bigger font, I WOULD! EWWWWW!!!

not ok. not ok. not ok.

okcowgirl421 said...

Oh Katie - I am SOOOOOO sorry. I was just thinking about this the other day (no idea why - maybe because I saw one in our house and remembered your incident and the similar one we had at around the same time). The only thing we've done besides have the pest control people come is those "roach motels" as mom calls them. The thing is, adults are supposed to be very careful w/them and wash thoroughly after placing them in the house and they'd have to be put in the floor probably so maybe not the best deal for someone with a mobile 9 month old in the house - in fact, Nathan will be collecting all of ours and tossing them in the next couple of weeks...if you find any good fixes, please keep me posted!

Erin said...

When we had cockroaches at our house when Justin moved in, the exterminator just didn't work. We had to bug bomb the house probably 3 times. It finally worked.

Shawn and Becky said...

I'm sorry . . . and EWWWWWW. I was looking at this site for ants and they have some interesting stuff for cockroaches, something you could even put in your bed . . .catnip - who knew. Good luck http://www.eartheasy.com/live_natpest_control.htm

April said...

Diatomaceous earth on the outside or your house. It is supposed to stop anything that comes into your house on foot because when they go across it, it cuts open their insides and they die. The only problem is that you may have bug carcasses around your house for the first week or so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails