Monday, July 19, 2010

Another new member in the family

Besides the mailbox, we also got a "new" camera this past week. My dad upgraded and sent us his old Nikon. I'm excited! Maybe one day I will actually learn all of the features on it!
Now our pictures can go from looking like this:
To looking like this:
Ok that was a funny way to tell you we got a "new" car too! (But we really did get the camera) It's a 2004 Corolla. It's Ryan's car for now. We're contemplating just getting an extra car seat base though so we can both take turns driving it without too much hassle. And no we didn't sell the Skylark. And yes it has something else broken on it that needs fixin.' I'll try to post the pics I took with my cell phone and retell the story of the SHADY place we met the dude to pick it up! That's for another post though!

11 comments:

The Moores said...

Yay, for new cameras and new cars! Have fun with both. No more roller coaster white knuckle drives in the rain, huh, Ry.

~Christy said...

LOVE the new car! i drove a corolla for 4 years and LOVED it! we would always say "cruzin' in christys corolla"...yeah we were dorks...anyway....i would also LOVE to show you a little about your camera if you want...i am a canon girl...but im sure the basics are the same :)

Monique and Granny said...

Love your new car!!!

Anonymous said...

I like the new car too. I hope its dependable and you get lots of years out of it. Love ya, Mom

Erin said...

Love the new car and so glad you got one you liked! And I'm so jealous of the camera. I've wanted one of those kind for just about forever.

Chellie said...

We are Nikon people.. Nate knows a lot more about them than I do, but it's not too hard. Congrats on the new car.. I would recommend maybe just getting a next stage car seat that can face the rear and then turn when she's a year... there are a bunch on Craigslist right now mostly girl ones too(I've been looking for one for us). We have the extra base.. it's overrated :)

devon lorraine ... said...

clevvvvvver, clever you!!! congrats on all the new goods!

Shawn and Becky said...

Yeah for a new car!! Enjoy it hope it's good to you. And I agree with Chellie - go for the next stage up as the second unless you can get a cheap base. We have a true fit - that's been pretty great. It faces backwards till your ready to turn it forward and it holds up to 65 pounds.

kmom said...

Great looking new car!

tricia said...

yay for new wheels and new camera!!

Leslie said...

clevvvvvver, clever you!!!

and clevvvvvver, clever comment from dev. had to copy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails