Thursday, July 29, 2010

Volume 5: I like my house because...

....of the built in bookshelves in the living room. Another functional architectural detail allowing us to buy less furniture!
I can display my collection of books I inherited from my grandparents with riveting titles such as "What You Should Know About Tobacco" and "The Lincoln Library of Essential Information" AND I also get to display fun family photos---that I desperately need to update. Yes that handsome man in the black in white photo is my father. Calm down ladies, he's taken by this young lass.

In exciting trendsetting news, our fancy mailbox has inspired others on the block and our nice neighbors were putting up a classier mailbox tonight as well! Maybe the trashy neighbors will get the hint and spruce up theirs....and cut down their sunflowers....and just go ahead and move out.

2 comments:

kmom said...

I too like the shelves in your living room and kitchen dining area. They are unique and very practical.

Leslie said...

yes! if you can't beat 'em, put up a fancier mailbox to scare 'em away!! isn't that what they always say?

Related Posts with Thumbnails