Thursday, August 19, 2010

Milestone

My baby walked today.
She's been taking a step every now and then for the past few days but it's been such a wobbly step that always ends in a fall that I didn't know if it counts. But tonight it was 4 steps in a row, on the sand volleyball court at Mesta Park. She walked toward an iphone...of course. Hey it beats the white button.Then on the way home "Slipping Through My Fingers" played on her lullaby CD (curse you Lauren!) and I broke down into tears. Ryan laughed at me. But my little girl walked today and tomorrow she'll be graduating and then getting married. Excuse me while I go cry some more.

Here is a video of some teeny steps she took afterward.

I love this kid so stinkin' much!!!
(Now while these videos are uploading I'm reading all these blogs of moms whose kids started school for the first time today and I just want to cry thinking about Olivia being in school. My sappiness meter is shooting through the roof. I think I need to call it a night.)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness....how exciting!!! I have spent all day in shock that Cody starts HIgh School next year...after I hugged my neighbor and friend after she put her second of 4 kids on the bus this morning...now this...what a tearful day...but how exciting and fun...love you guys...Aunt Teri

Chellie said...

Good job Olivia!! Wow, I can't believe she took steps. I'm not ready for that either

TLKOREGON said...

Yeah!!!! She is so cute! I love the tongue!

Monique and Granny said...

Wow!First steps!
She's so cute!

Anonymous said...

And so it begins. Good job Olivia. Gma loves you.

tricia said...

go Liv, go!! such a sweet post!

kmom said...

I didn't mind my own kids reaching milestones, except maybe my oldest child getting married, but for some reason it is a bit sad every time Olivia grows up a bit. She is so precious! Love, Grammy (and the magic word below is "cryloo")

reborn1995 said...

=o) Awesome. i know this isn't helpful or encouraging, but i definitely freaked out a lot more on Devon's first day of school than when he first walked. Just warning you. =o)

--guy

amanda said...

awww Katie, such a sweet post. How can you not love that little face to bits, she is getting cuter and cuter every day, I swear. Love the baby steps, liv.

Leslie said...

1. i love how babies look like they're on a tightrope.
2. did you call it "film"?? are you not cracking up that she may grow up not knowing what the heck you're talking about? "film, momma? what's that?"
3. tongue in corner of mouth is just too cute.

lauren and brad said...

GO LIV!!!!!

Haha! I knew that song would get you one day! You thought it was so geeky when I put it on your CD and now....!!! So there.

Related Posts with Thumbnails