Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Mom Loves Surprises

And by loves, I mean hates. She has to know like a year in advance if someone is coming so she can vaccuum the already spotless carpets and put the right gender styled sheets on the beds. (I mean if a GUY slept on LACEY sheets, I can't imagine what would happen?!) But since a grandchild is now involved I knew she couldn't hate me for long. It's not the greatest video but you at least can hear and see her reaction when she walked in the living room and Olivia was standing against the couch with no one else in sight. It was awesome.

video

I hope one day to surprise the other grandparents too. I think we tried one time but it was before Olivia so it doesn't count. And if you like surprise videos, check out this one from last November. I don't think it will ever be topped. Good times.

I'm still in recovery mode from all my ailments. It might take a week to list them all out in a blog post, but I might just do that for you so you will reward me with some kind of official train wreck medallion I can wear in public for all to see and pity me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky lucky Grandma Debbie. I hope you are on the mend and will be 100 percent soon. I'm glad Ry is there to take care of you. You can surprise me anytime you want. Love, Mom aka Gma

Erin said...

Ahh I hope you are feeling better. I love the way you say "Oklahoma" in this video. It's not so bad, is it? :)

Leslie said...

Love surprise visits!! She was so much more excited to see you than Olivia (don't tell your baby this, but still kinda fun!!).

Shawn and Becky said...

What a fun surprise. Your mom was so cute, like oh look there's Olivia, in my living room - no big deal, then when she saw you I almost cried . . . I'm a sap like that! Hope you feel better soon.

Benay said...

that is too cute! i didn't know anyone's voice could get that high! hope you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Love it! I bet your mom had to take double takes to make sure it was Olivia in the living room until she saw you. Than the excitement took over. :) -April

kmom said...

My guest beds are made and ready for more company! (Even though I don't know who is coming or when.) I have had several delightful surprises in my life, and one of them is you and Olivia dropping out of no where to spend a week with me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails