Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ode to a Break-feast Part II

So 5 years ago* I posted about my fav breakfast food and I thought I'd let you know it has finally been replaced. Don't worry though, Frosted Mini Spooners is still in second place! My new favorite is Kashi GoLean Crunch, Honey Almond Flax. It is wonderful for so many reasons that I will list them for you
  1. It is delicious
  2. It's choc full of protein and fiber and healthy stuff (you know Dr. Oz loves to talk about flax!)
  3. It tastes even more delicious when you put blueberries on top
  4. You really don't need that much to feel full
  5. But the most important reason is that it doesn't get soggy!! This is so important when trying to eat a bowl of cereal while taking care of a baby. It can take anywhere from 5 min to 5 hours (exaggerate much?) to finish a bowl and the last bite is still as crunchy as the first!
Thank you Kashi for being a little bright spot in my morning. Or evening...depending on when I finish my bowll! What's your fav breakfast food and why? That's right I'm asking you to participate!

And here's Olivia making her "funny face" while eating oatmeal (I think this was supper though not breakfast)
video

*Hmmm and now I have a hankering to go back and read posts from 5 years ago and see what other ideas I can get for future posts. I'm sure just reading what the "me" from 5 years ago said will make me roll my eyes about a trillion times. But now I kind of want to get my old journals from TN and type up embarrassing entries I wrote when I was 13 so we can all share a good laugh at my expense. Soo many ideas......

12 comments:

The Moores said...

Unfrosted strawberrry poptarts are my favorite. But I absolutely can not buy them and keep them in the house, because then I would just eat them. All the time. Maybe I'll try your cereal, that sounds a lot healthier.

Roxanne said...

How adorable!!!! She is seriously so cute.

I was really liking the cinnamon oat crunch (taste like cinnamon toast crunch, but healthy) but I can't seem to find it anywhere anymore!

Leslie said...

omgoodness, hudson just heard olivia on the computer and leapt 6 feet into the air. almost scared the poop out of him!

D said...

Hi, I'm a long time reader but not a frequent commenter. So, my current favorite breakfast is Honey Nut Cheerios with strawberries and vanilla soy milk. This could be because it tastes so good together OR it could be because I'm 8 months pregnant in the summer and heating up the kitchen isn't my favorite idea right now!

Jennifer Reinsch said...

I am a BIG BIG BIG fan of steel cut oatmeal (NOT instant oatmeal). It is easily my favorite breakfast food.

amanda said...

I'm pretty sure Olivia's favourite food EVER is oatmeal. Oh wow was that ever cute!!!!

I am a big big fan of toasted bagels with cream cheese and strawberry jam on them. I can thank Lauren + camp for teaching me that double-dose of deliciousness. Or vanilla yogurt, fresh blueberries, and that amazing Nature's Path pumpkin flax granola they sell at costco. Yummmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Okay. I'm gonna be honest because I am NOT a health food fan. One of my favorite breakfasts is Grandmas cinnamon rolls (or pretty much any cinnamon roll with cream cheese frosting). But it has to be eaten with a yummy cup of black rich coffee. I made the girls chocolate chip pancakes this morning. But they chased it with a tall glass of good old cow juice (aka milk). Love ya, Gma aka Mom I

Anonymous said...

P.S. That is an adorable video. So does she like it or doesn't she? Its hard to tell. I love that girl. Gma

Monique and Granny said...

hmmm....I like raisin bran crunch, but I go through phases with my cereals.
Cute video!

Anonymous said...

Without a doubt, banana walnut french toast. Yum!!!! -April

H said...

You can't go wrong with a good sausage roll. I love a great kolache!

Anonymous said...

toasted bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon. my husband made it for the bed and breakfast he used to work at, delicious! Jessica Van Winkle

Related Posts with Thumbnails