Thursday, August 05, 2010

Volume 6: I like my house because.....

....the laundry "room" is in the center of our house.
I don't have to walk out to the garage, or downstairs, or to another end of the house. It's the perfect spot for me to throw dirty clothes and towels right when I'm done with them AND it's a convenient spot for a certain little one to help me fold it all (or UN-fold it all because that's what she's better at).
And when you close the curtains it vanishes away!
I do often wonder what this space originally was in the house. It's not like they would've had a laundry room in 1937. Maybe it was the nanny's quarters. (I just got done reading The Help.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Olivia can come help Grandma fold laundry any time she wants. What a cutie! Love ya. Mom aka Gma

Erin said...

I love those pictures on the side of your laundry room. Are they new?? I don't remember seeing them.

Anonymous said...

That's the only downside to my home, my laundry has to be done in the garage! I have never heard of such a thing. Oh well, if it wasn't for the house being so beautiful I would mind. Olivia looks adorable by the dryer door! Mommy's little helper. -April

Leslie said...

i'm so confused. where were these when we were there?? so hidden! our new laundry set-up is totally home-central as well and i'm giddy about it. have already done so much laundry! well, except for the last few days...too hot! and how novel is it for me to be talking about how hot it is??

Tarren and Erin said...

I also know a little one that likes to help with the laundry!

Related Posts with Thumbnails