Monday, September 27, 2010

Olivia - 1 Mom - 0

This post is not for the faint of heart, or stomach. Some days you just wanna throw in the towel and today is that day. You win Liv, I'm waving the white flag, you win. Do you notice anything odd in this picture?
Notice the lack of pants? Look closer if you dare.
There's a lack of diaper too.
And you've smeared it all over the place. Oh and it's under your fingernails AND toenails. Oh and some on your chin. Awesome.
Yep I'm pretty sure she ate some. And at first glance I screamed, shut the door and called my husband half crying half laughing. You know so he could tell me how thankful he is that I stay at home and do the "easy" job. Upon opening the door for second time my daughter laughed and handed me a piece of her "peace offering," with an outstretched hand full of feces.
I quit documenting there. Let's not count how many more times she pooped in the tub....and then threw it out of the tub while I cleaned her room. It's official my dear Liv, you belong in the zoo with the monkeys.

"Who me??? Come on mom, would this adorable face ever do something so disgusting??"
And right now you may be winning but in a few years when you bring that first boyfriend home I will pull out my trusty laptop and we will look back on this blog together. And then, my daughter, the score will be evened.

13 comments:

The Moores said...

Oh, Katie, I'm so sorry! What a mess, and what a little stinker (literally). It's a good thing you documented it so you can have revenge in years to come.

Shannon said...

sick me out!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh no!!! I think it's time to put a onesie under those pajamas bottoms. Silly, Olivia!! -April

Shawn and Becky said...

Ewwwwww! A day in the life of a stay at home mom. Why couldn't she do that on the weekend when Ryan was home? What a rough start to the day! Hope it gets better.

Anonymous said...

Olivia, you are so funny. Grandma is laughing with you. Welcome to parenthood Ry and Katie. This is only the beginning. But its worth it. Truly it is. And I'd gladly come to your rescue if only I lived closer. Love you guys. Give the little stinker a big kiss from Grandma.

kmom said...

What a mess! It was much, much, much worse than when I was there. Too bad I couldn't help you this time. Side note -- never leave a kid alone in the tub or even with a bucket of water until maybe they can swim some. Experts say it only takes a couple of inches of water for a kid to drown. I'm guessing you will now go get her up when she sounds awake instead of waiting until she gets fussy. Bummer! She can poop while she plays with toys -- but I guess you can't leave her alone long in the family room or she might have that mess all over the room!!!

Ryan and Katie said...

Thanks mom but there wasn't any water in the tub when I left her in it.

Leslie said...

I had zero doubts about you leaving your baby in a tub with water by herself. Obviously, you're all about safety first! By the way, you're such an amazing mom for taking the time to document this, knowing that you had to clean it. Were you postponing? :)

Have to tell you, I think Hudson just dog-farted next to me as I read this post and I felt like I was right there with you.

Kudos, friend. I think you're spectacular. Awesome post.

Roxanne said...

Oh my word. I just showed Caleb this...so he could laugh..and so I could laugh again. I'm SO sorry that happened to you!
PS - we watched invictus. I mean, Caleb watched it. I was uninterested.

H said...

Katie there are no words. I also made Ryan view the pics from this post. It was probably a laugh or cry day. You poor thing!

Monique and Granny said...

Oh Olivia! Poor mama.

Jennifer said...

Eewww, eewww, eewww...bless your heart.

kmom said...

So Olivia can take not only her diaper off, but her pants too???

Related Posts with Thumbnails