Saturday, September 04, 2010

The Undergrounds

Olivia and I spent Tuesday afternoon downtown in OKC. I even PARALLEL parked for quite possibly the second or third time in my life. And I didn't hit the beemer (bimmer?) behind me or get a parking ticket! I can't lie though...I did NOT look like a city girl by any means. My receipts flew out of my wallet in the wind when I was feeding the meter, my skirt was blowing up, I was struggling with a baby and a diaper bag and a stroller that was also blowing away in the wind. But some nice business stopped to help me. And probably laugh behind my back.
First we joined our good ole pal Allison for a tour of the Underground! I'd been wanting to have lunch down there ever since I heard there were tunnels that connect lots of the buildings and that there were even restaurants down there! I'm not even kidding people. It's a real thing.
I know I was amazed too. Not only can you eat down there but I compiled a list of other things you can do in the OKC Underground
1. Go to a bank
2. Go to a post office
3. Get your nails and hair done
4. Get permanent make up tattooed on
5. Listen to live music
6. Eat Chinese or Mexican cuisine (we ate Mexican)
7. See a security man on a Segway
8. Look at pictures of historic OKC
9. Get coffee and dessert
10. Go to work (there were some office down there...creepy)
11. Park
12. Get your shoes shined
The food was delicious. We ate at Hot Tamale which is run by the Petroleum Club. I'm not sure how I didn't get a pic of Allison and Liv there, but I didn't. Then I decided, since we were so close, we should stop by and see cousin Matt at the art museum. He just so happens to have a piece of Chihuly glass in a heavily padded trunk in his office. He got out the gloves so we could "play" with it.
Shhhh! Don't tell!
And then Olivia got to have a hands on art experience.
And then she broke it. Ooops!
Just kidding. (about breaking it, not about anything else)

But we did have a grand old time and I think we might have to do it again soon...you know so I can work on my parallel parking.

7 comments:

kmom said...

Why didn't Olivia have on white gloves?

Sommer said...

Next time come visit me too! You were like right across the street from my office!

Anonymous said...

Can we go next time Dad and I are in town? I think Seattle has an underground part of the city too. I'm not sure about Portland. But Portland is weird enough without having an underground part of it too. Love, Mom I aka Gma

Anonymous said...

P.S. I googled Chihuly because I'd never heard of it before. I was surprised to find out he's one our own Northwest artists. His work is really beautiful. Mom I

Matt and Shannon said...

oh man, i didnt even know that existed! we should go when we visit next! looks like a lot of fun :)

Monique and Granny said...

Looks like a really cool place!

Leslie said...

the oklahoma city tourism board is calling your name. and that part of the city is calling mine. so fun!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails