Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Who WASN'T at the zoo?

Excuse me, sir, I seem to be lost. Can you tell me how to get to the Okapis?
Saturday morning we headed to the zoo because it was a beautiful day. We hadn't been to the zoo as a family yet and I was pretty excited, because (1.) I like the zoo and (2.) I like my family. It's a killer combo. As it turns out, everyone else in OKC had the EXACT same idea. We even saw two friends from playgroup there!
It was pretty crowded but we still had fun despite the fact that I think all of the animals got the memo to go into hiding. Hence the reason we felt the need to take a picture with an animal statue. Must you scowl in all photos with me Olivia? But once again who cares about animals when there's a water park there!
I really think we could be here all day and she wouldn't mind.
Favorite quote of the day (from my husband as we passed the Birds of Oklahoma exhibit.) "I wonder if any wild birds ever fly in there and get trapped and then try to tell zookeeper 'You don't understand! You've got the wrong guy! I'm not supposed to be here!" Oh that hubby of mine. He makes me laugh.
Yes I think we have definitely gotten our money's worth out of the zoo pass already. And I can't wait for this autumn weather so we can go more!

9 comments:

Monique and Granny said...

John and Ryan need to meet! They think alike :)

The Moores said...

You guys do have an amazing zoo. Love that water park! The zoo pass would be worth it just for that.

Annaleise said...

I LOVE the zoo. We will have to go after Isabella gets here.

kmom said...

Olivia and the animal statue have the same expression on their faces. Maybe we can go to the zoo when I am there.

Anonymous said...

Yes, that Ry is a funny guy. I miss that sense of humor that kept me chuckling on a regular basis. Violet and Hazel are looking over my shoulder and they both want to visit your zoo (especially the water park). I love you guys. Mom aka Gma

Shawn and Becky said...

That's a pretty valid question . . . you should ask the zoo keeper :) Wish we had a zoo, and a water park at the zoo.

Leslie said...

that first picture is awesome! I LOVE her expression!!

lizcannon said...

i think your husband and MY husband would be bff

lauren and brad said...

I love these pictures! Are you going on Tuesday?

Related Posts with Thumbnails