Monday, October 25, 2010

Funny How....

Isn't it funny how you never think to ask your parents and grandparents about certain things until you yourself are going through them? I remember when Ryan and I got engaged being so curious as to how all of our parents and g-parents proposed to one another. So I asked and got some great stories. Then I asked about weddings as we planned ours, and pregnancy and labor stories as my belly grew bigger and bigger, and now I'm full of questions about raising babies! I have so much respect (and awe) at how my grandmother raised SIX. I still can't grasp the possibility of two let alone times three! All the stories I've heard, I hold dear and wish I would've asked sooner in the case of my other grandmother but I know it wouldn't have meant as much to me because I wasn't going through it then. All of this to say...I love my family. The one I was born into and the one that I married into. Thank you for being examples to us and encouragers to us and for loving us where we are in life!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, I was very blessed to have gotten the chance to be a part of your family. A few months back I had to thank your parents for showing me the guidance I use to this day to get me through. I would have to agree you have a wonderful family! Ryan is a lucky guy. :) -April

Anonymous said...

Dad and I are so thankful that Ryan found you Katie and made you a part of our family. And now we get to claim sweet Olivia too. And I am especially thankful that you were raised in a Christian home by parents who love God and make Christ the center of their lives. Now we see you and Ryan doing the same in your home and in your lives. Love you both so much. Mom I aka Gma

Kelsey said...

I've had that same thought about not asking questions until you yourself are going through it. 20 bucks says you made Mona tear up! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails