Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Eclipse: Another post with no pictures

So Monday night was the lunar eclipse and supposedly a lunar eclipse on the winter solstice only happens once in 600 years. I thought to myself "that's cool but as the mother of a 15 month old, I still value my sleep WAY too much to care about an eclipse." However at 12:30 my body just woke up and would not go back to sleep. Since it wasn't that cold (It had been like 70 degrees that day) I decided I'd venture out in the back yard to watch it. After 5 min. I was completely bored....and my neck was sore from staring up at the sky, so I came back inside. Ryan heard me and woke up so I told him I kind of wanted to watch the eclipse. Because he loves me....or science....he begrudgingly said he'd watch it with me and brought a sleeping bag and pillows out! We watched it for like an hour until we were both about asleep. I can now rest at ease knowing I didn't miss it and had a fun night chatting with my hubby under the stars. 1...2...3....AWWWWWW!!! Ok that's enough cheese for the day, I know!
And lest you think the evening was perfect, our daughter woke up shortly after coughing and crying for about an hour so we REALLY didn't get much sleep that night. Needless to say, I will still remember it for a long time.

1 comment:

kmom said...

Your husband is a sweetie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails