Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Elf Night

So I forget how many years tradition this is, but every winter, 2 of my roomies from college and I get together to watch ELF! We LOVE this movie! We laugh harder every year and learn new things about the film each time we watch it. This year we noticed the ridiculous suit Buddy wears on his date with Jovie, and Allison learned Narwhals are real.

(Of course I forgot and took no pictures but here is what we looked like in Sept.)
These are some of my fav Elf quotes. What are yours??

We elves try to stick to the 4 main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup

The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear

I like to whisper too.

Franciscoooo

You like sugar huh?
Is there sugar in syrup?
Yes.
Then YES!

It's just nice to meet another human that shares my affinity for elf culture.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the part when Elf and Jovie sing Baby It's Cold Outside. They sound very good together. If I had to choose a quote:
"Calm me elf one more time." "Elf"-April

Erin said...

I want to say 4 years running but I kind of think it's been longer than that?

benay said...

i like it when he's crossing the street and says, "the yellow ones don't stop." and also when the manager at the dept store says, "there's no singing at the north pole. no it's not. no it's not." so funny.

TLKOREGON said...

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrppppppppp..... Did you hear that?!?

Anonymous said...

I love it when Buddy attacks the fake Santa and says "You stink. You smell like beef and cheese. You sit on a throne of lies!" I think I have seen this movie 5 times this year. Love it

Celeste

Anonymous said...

Rick doesn't find this movie to be his kind of humor. Go figure. I thought it was very funny. Love, Mom aka Gma

tricia said...

"Buddy the elf, what's your favorite color?" as he answers the phone :)

Shannon said...

i like the part where he tells the store manager about smiling:

Manager: Stop smiling!

buddy: Smiling's my favorite!!

manager: Well now work is your new favorite, make work your favorite.

I dont know how they kept straight faces in this part, or throughout the movie for that matter :)

kmom said...

I don't remember ever seeing that movie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails