Tuesday, December 07, 2010

The Greatest Story Never Told

The Troll Nativity

....She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them....
...An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them...
...And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night.When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let’s go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.”
...Then the magi opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh. And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route....
...Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.
(All passages taken from the books of Matthew and Luke, NIV version.....who said the heavenly host couldn't have included Frosty and Santa? Creativity done by a 12 year old Katie)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering who the guy with the orange nose was. Frosty!! Katie, you are so creative. Tell your mama hello for me and I hope you're feeling loads better. Kiss my sweet Olivia. Love, Mom aka Gma

Jennifer said...

That is fantastic! I am so going to have to link this story from my blog. I hope that is okay.

Leslie said...

i forgot that it's TROLL time of year again!

Anonymous said...

I think it is great that you continue this tradition every year! I know it is too early but I am curious as to what Olivia will create for you all. -April

ktsdad said...

Come on, Gma, don't you recognize a narrator when you see one??!! Poppa

Monique and Granny said...

Very creative!! What does Olivia think of it all?

The Moores said...

I have to figure out what thier clothes are made of. Old socks? Or did you knit them with tiny knitting needles?

Anonymous said...

Narrator! Now I get it. Gma aka Mom

Anonymous said...

Those are not magi. Those are Zachariah, Elizabeth, and John the Baptist. --Amy

Ryan and Katie said...

Yes Carrie I made all of their costumes out of socks that had no partners. (when I was like 12) You just cut off the top cuff and add two holes for arms and voila! A costume that fits a troll!

tricia said...

love, love this! totally made my day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails