Friday, December 10, 2010

Newsletter: 15 Months

Dear Olivia,
The thought I keep having this month is "This is my favorite age!" And I've heard I might keep saying that as you grow older and more fun, but for right now it feels like it really is. You crack me up daily and are such a joy and source of entertainment to me!
I think this month you've decided that Charlie can be your new best friend and often chase her around the house for a hug or kiss much to her annoyance....but I think deep down she's happy someone's paying attention to her.
You've completely forgotten how to walk this month and seem to RUN everywhere. The noise I hear all day long is stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp, THUD, stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp, THUD. Because you are still very clumsy and fall quite often. This week you even have a skinned up nose to prove it! But you are still tough and rarely cry despite the million times a day you skid across the hardwood floors or trip over your own two feet on the carpet.
Even though you still use your sign language for the important words, you are babbling WAY more and trying to say many words like Thank you, What, This, Yes, Bath, Baby. You can get a consonant right and then just add in random noises for syllables but every now and then it sounds like a word or sentence. I'm just glad you haven't started saying "no" yet! We like to sing songs with motions like "If you're happy and you know it" and of course "Where is Thumbkin."
Your favorite toy this month seems to be this little purse that you carry around and take different smaller toys in and out of. You also really enjoy this green belt for some reason and picking up baby dolls or stuffed animals and patting them on the back. You like to close your toy laptop over and over because it says "bye-bye" to you and you always wave and say "bye-bye" back to it. You love to back up and sit on people's laps when they read or play with you.
I often find your training potty in the hallway that you drag out and disassemble. Your daddy doesn't think I should encourage this because one day you will actually be using it, but for now I think it's great to show positive expressions around the potty!
You got 2 more bottom teeth on the way to Tennessee for Thanksgiving so that brings the grand total to 12! Now we just get to wait on those canines then we'll be done with teething for awhile. Phew! I thought with new teeth coming in you might like more foods since it would be easier to chew, but no such luck. Dinner time is still a struggle that sometimes leads to you being put in your crib to scream while your daddy and I try to enjoy our meal somehow. You do still love bread though! You've been nursing less lately, but that's probably just because your Grammy is here since I've been in bed recovering from a surgery and I haven't spent as much time with you. I guess we'll see what happens when I'm all better and she goes back home.
You've been doing this incredibly funny "fake" laugh a lot this month. You have a few different versions of it and it makes me really laugh. I think you are beginning to understand that you can make others smile and laugh with your actions and you are hamming it up! I wonder who you get that from? There are a few clowns in your family!
I hate to admit sometimes that I did not really love you when you were first born. It crushed me inside because no one explained to me that I might not fall in love with you at first sight, and that like any relationship, I would get to know you better and love you more as time went on. I can definitely say that I've not only loved you for many months now, but I'm head over heels for you! In my eyes you are perfect and I continually say a prayer of thanks to God for such a gift as you. I wonder if this is how God sees all of his children and if his heart swells with pride in his creations like mine does for you.

I Love you,
Mama

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful little girl. I can't wait to reintroduce myself to her in a couple of weeks. Grandma loves you very much sweet Olivia. If you are half as sweet and adorable as your Daddy was at your age, then your parents are very very blessed. Love, Grandma aka Mom

lauren and brad said...

awwwwww....love you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails