Monday, December 06, 2010

Someone get this woman a labeler....

My heroine swooped in yesterday and I've decided next to jello, sprite, and saltines that you also need a mom around when you aren't feeling well. For those of you who don't have the privilege of knowing my mom she is a thorough woman, a lover of signage, and newspaper articles. I took these images from around the house in TN while I was home so others would have a better understanding of my upbringing.


She no doubt made this coat closet sign for me and my attempts to wear shorts in 50 degree weather and hoodies in 90 degrees. I no doubt rolled my eyes every time I saw it with a disgusted teenage angst noise in my throat.


These are kept in the guest bathroom drawer and placed out according to who is visiting and how much info they need to know to make themselves at home in the Bloomingburg residence.


These were made because of peeling paint issues occurring in the bathrooms from moisture build up.


I don't know about this one. Maybe bath tub cups can never be drank out of again.

We just smell laundry at my house to see if it's clean but I guess some signs might be nice.
Now I know where I'm supposed to put all the articles she sends me in the mail. Sorry mom, I think all of them currently get put in file 13 after I read them.

Besides the new "Sunday Best" series, I think a "Little Deb" series might be enjoyable. Any name ideas? I can't wait to see what signs she comes up with while she's staying with us this week!

10 comments:

JanaGriffis said...

First of all, this is amazing! I can't find enough time in the day to be this organized.. then again this probably helps her stay organized... Hmmm.

Thank you for the curtain idea! I had been looking at Target & Walmart and just couldn't find anything that worked so now I will venture to Lowes with my fingers crossed.

And FYI, the invite was legit. We would have been more than happy to have you there! (Although, the man that you met is sadly also the man that has lost his place as a father. That sounds horrible when you don't know the whole story but it's been a 10 year struggle that's finally settled. Warren is my father in law who has been an amazing dad to me.)

Oh and I am very sorry to hear about your pain. I know that we don't know eachother very well but if there is ever anything we can do to help we're just a few feet away!

Jennifer said...

Those are great (and totally what my grandparents do too). Sorry you are feeling bad, but I am so glad she was able to come and help.

Leslie said...

You've GOT to be kidding me! I LOVE IT!!

tricia said...

Umm could she come to my house and do this? I am so in need of a little organization.

Tarren and Erin said...

LOL! My favorite one was your comment about laundry. We smell stuff around here too. It's the most accurate way to tell if something is dirty.

Yellow like Mustard said...

My mom sends me articles too! And also leaves a pile of them for me on my vanity in my room whenever we come home. I'm a better person for it.

Becky Welch said...

I can SO see your sweet mom doing this! I would love a Little Deb series!

Monique and Granny said...

Love it!

lauren and brad said...

My mom has an article cabinet too! :)

kmom said...

What a laugh!

Related Posts with Thumbnails