Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Very Crafty Christmas

Now I can share with you some of the things I made for other for the holiday since they have already received them by now! I'm breaking this up into a few posts. First up are these artist's cases I made for my nieces and nephews (and Olivia but hers isn't monogrammed, what fun is the letter "o"?).
Those letters stand for Nolan, Alice George, Violet, and Hazel.
I got the pattern from here and it was my first lesson in applique'. It can hold crayons or colored pencils and at least 2 standard size coloring books. You can even put a little surprise in the pocket! I ordered the quilted fabric online because there were more options and it was cheaper! I think they turned out pretty great!
(All of these gifts were done before Thanksgiving, not because I'm usually on the ball, but because I had a feeling I wouldn't want to be sitting at a sewing machine after my surgery.)

5 comments:

TLKOREGON said...

They are WONDERFUL!!! The girls LOVED them on Sunday at church! Thank you so much. They are soo lucky to have such a crafty aunt.

emily said...

So cute Katie! I'm off to look up the pattern now...

Tarren and Erin said...

These look so great, Katie! I am totally copying you and making one for Liesel. Love it!

Shawn and Becky said...

So crafty you are. They are adorable. Great colors and fabric!! So good seeing you today. Next time we'll have to plan a game night. Hope you and Ryan had fun!!

Becky Welch said...

These are AWESOME!!!! I may have to steal!

Related Posts with Thumbnails