Sunday, January 09, 2011

Oregon Trail: Part II

We got to go to Portland a few times while we were in Oregon. The first time was to go out on the family Christmas dinner. We ditched the kiddos with some babysitters (but first took a family photo) and then headed out for secret plans known only by Mona.
We got ornaments and then went to Jake's Grill (a fancy restaurant) where we dined until we were stuffed and then we stuffed ourselves some more with dessert and then we went bowling! But not before taking a photo of just the grownups. My favorite part of the bowling alley was the socks for sale in the vending machine. I got a pair and they are very comfy. If you've never been bowling with Ryan, then you haven't lived. I wish I'd taken a video of him. He's been kicked out of bowling alleys before for his crazy antics. I married a wild man.

Anyway I also got to go to Portland on a girls trip. Baby Boston was allowed to go but only because he slept the whole time...see if you can even spot him in the picture below! We shopped at the mall and at Powell's (which might be my favorite place on earth.)
We were followed by the mounted police for awhile which frightened me but not enough that I didn't take a photo. They had to stop following us when one of their horses took a HUGE dump on the sidewalk and they had to stop to clean it up.
We headed to Voodoo Doughnuts so I could tell my mom that I finally went there.
I didn't get anything crazy but we did get yelled at by a homeless man for awhile.
I waited in a long line in the cold for a donut. That's how much I love my mother.
And we took a pretty awesome Portland photo (notice the sign on the right).
Girl trips are fun and Portland is fun and when you put the two together it makes for a wonderful day. Thanks ladies!! I can't wait to do it again this summer!

3 comments:

TLKOREGON said...

It was good times had by all! So glad we got to do it! I love Powells too, someday I am going to go when I don't have a deadline and see just how much time can be spent there. =)

Anonymous said...

I have never been to Powells before. As much as I love reading, and since I only live 30 minutes away, and I've only been to Portland a bazillion times, I can't believe I've never been there. Maybe you guys could drag a really old lady along with you on your next outing. (But I really did enjoy staying with all my grandbabies.) Mom aka Gma

Leslie said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmm....donuts.
holy fancy blue pantsuit! and bowling in that snazzy outfit too! what a terrific holiday get-up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails