Thursday, January 27, 2011

Surgery begat surgery begat surgery....

As with all health issues, I should know by now that medical interventions just lead to more medical interventions, etc. Today I found myself back in this idiot's office due to medical problems I've been having since that #!*&$# surgery. Problems which he NEVER mentioned could happen. Turns out it's scar tissue causing all my ailments and the only way to resolve it? You guessed it......more surgery! More money in his pocket. But don't worry this surgery should be a "breeze." You know just like the last surgery that he promised would be a "Breeze" that resulted in my mom having to come up last minute for 2 weeks. Awesome. I don't know how much I should stand up for myself and how mean to get with doctors. I'm not good at being mean. It's probably not mean it's just being confrontational and confrontation is hard enough, but when it's a medical professional who is a man who is older than me who has way more degrees and college debt than I do, how am I supposed to make him understand that I need honest communication about what to expect because it affects the life of not only me, but the rest of my family and friends as well? I don't know if I should get a second opinion or what, and I'm sure this next surgery will cause even more complications but apparently it's my only option. Of course. I have no answers. It sucks to be an adult sometimes. Prayers please. That's all I got to say.

6 comments:

kmom said...

Praying,praying,praying. (Many, many, many of my prayers have received positive results, but prayer is not a miracle button,and God sees things differently than we do. Life is hard to understand.)

devon lorraine ... said...

i am so mad!!!

is there any way that some fun physical therapy can dissolve this scar tissue and fix the problems? guessing that's not really an option.

ps you know, i'm still in therapy for my scar-tissue issues. insurance extended more sessions. oimph.

devon lorraine ... said...

pps when i first went to open this post i thought you had accidentally misspelled 'sugary' and i was expecting to read about candy or cake :)

Leslie said...

NOT candy.
NOT cake.
NOT FUN.

maybe take a friend? one with major balls and who will stomp on someone's foot to get you the care you need? obviously, i have a fave oklahoman in mind...

Shawn and Becky said...

Give him your blog adress and tell him how you feel. Be honest and if he's a good doctor he should validate your concerns. What about a nurse. Does he have a nurse you could call and ask questions to? I hate to say it but have you done googling about the problem to see if there are any other options you could ask your doctor about? That's dangerous though so do it with caution! We'll say prayers and hope something good will come of all of this. Wish I could go with you - I'd tell him how you were really feeling!

JanaGriffis said...

My opinion would be to get a second opinion. Especially if you don't like your current doctor very much and it also sounds like you don't trust him 100%. It's always better to get a second opinion. If anything and #2 comes back the same, you'll feel a little more at ease. I know from working with doctor's all day that they want everyone to get a second opinion, especially if they're not completely comfortable.

Related Posts with Thumbnails