Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saints in Action

So rumors don't abound on facebook and via text messages I thought I'd graciously post about my current hospitalization (shocked?---you really shouldn't be at this point in our relationship tsk, tsk)

The fact that I'm posting this and can have some sarcasm should let you know I'm not dying but if you had asked me at this time yesterday I wouldn't said that. I wouldn't have said anything actually because I was passing out on our bathroom floor while Ryan took turns running between me and Liv waiting for the sitters to arrive so he could take me to the ER. Don't you envy my husband's life?

I had been sick to my stomach for two days and was becoming very dehydrated and everyone in the St. Anthony's ER became aware of that while I violently wretched in a wheelchair and shouted to God from the ER bathroom. I think this may have secured me a faster placement but I can't remember much except pain, wretching, limping to the toilet, wretching more, nurses failed attempts to dig in my arms with needles for veins (they NEVER believe me when I say I have tiny veins), toilet, wretching, CT scan, blah blah and so on for 7 ish hours. Got lots of fluids and drugs in an IV and talked to various nurses and doctors in limited speech.

Got placed in a room at about 1am and gradually got to feeling a bit better. Now I can even walk myself around the room, wheel my own IV cart, text message and blog so I'd say I'm a whole new woman compared to yesterday! But not new enough to let me go home. I'm still having stomach issues, recently got upgraded from ice chips to a liquid diet though, getting more tests done, and we talked to a very thorough and kind doctor for awhile this afternoon who actually seemed concerned about me. I appreciate that since you know my luck with doctors. I'm still very dehydrated so he wants to keep me here until I stabilize and they figure out what my dealio is. Liv is being watched by various (wonderful, can't-thank-them-enough) friends, but Ryan is staying with her at home tonight since I'm doing better so we can all get more rest, and we can make sure they don't get what I have if it's contagious.

Thanks for all the phone calls, texts, and emails. I wasn't going to blog but people were hearing it through the grapevine and were already calling me confused so I figure this is the fastest way to let everyone know what's going on! Prayers are appreciated. I enjoy the cable TV....but would rather be at home with my baby and my bubby. Think I could organize a hospital wide Oscar party for tomorrow night on this short of notice?? Nah, on second though I have nothing to wear to it....

10 comments:

Kara Scharrer said...

Oh my goodness! That is so horrible! We will be praying for you. I hope that they can find out what is wrong and help you get better.

kmom said...

Praying for all 3 of you! Sleep when you can. Love, Mom

The Moores said...

You are definately in our prayers. I hope whatever it was is on its way out. Feel better!

H said...

oh no! I hope they find you answers soon and you get to come home quickly!! lots of prayers your way!

Annaleise said...

Oh my goodness Katie!! Keep us updated! I hope you get some rest and things are OK.
p.s. you could start a new trend with hospital dresses!

Monique said...

Sorry to hear that. Hope they find answers really soon. I'm praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Get better soon, our prayers are with you all, aunt sandi

Shawn and Becky said...

Oh goodness - that's awful - I wish I could be there to help I'm so glad you have so many wonderful people to help out. Feel better soon - we'll pray for you and the doctors!!

Micah said...

So sorry you're going through all of this! I will be praying for you. Get to feeling better!

reborn1995 said...

Prayed about you last night--i had no idea.

i'll keep praying--i hope you recover soon, and i especially hope they figure it out to prevent further trouble.

in Christ,

--guy

Related Posts with Thumbnails