Sunday, February 20, 2011

Who wants to play???

It's time for that favorite parenting game I find myself playing too much these days called

"Why is my toddler screaming?"

Could it be....
A. The diaper rash
B. The diarrhea
C. The canines (teeth not dogs)
D. The congestion
E. The cough
F. The lack of sleep and refusal of naps
G. Allergies
H. A cold
I. Ear Infections
J. Hunger from refusing to eat
K. All of the above

And what should I give her to comfort her?
A. The Boob
B. Ibuprofen
C. Not recommended allergy medicines
D. Not recommended cough medicines
E. Honey
F. Humidifier
G. A car ride
H. All of the above

If you can answer correctly the above questions then you could win not a car, not cash, not even prizes, but the right to become a parent! And what a reward it is!

Just to play it safe I'm going to take her to the doctor tomorrow to rule out ear infections, the bubonic plague, or a parasite that is attacking her vital organs. I really wish she could talk right now and just tell us.....

4 comments:

kmom said...

My vote is to give her ibuprofen until the doctor tells you otherwise. I think you are wise to take her to the doctor just in case. In the manual I followed that was an ok enough reason to take a kid to a doctor, meaning if the parent was worried. It will at least make you feel a bit better and not worry and wonder. Now that I have heard about Olivia's problems through the few months of her life, I have finally figured out why maybe Amy woke up crying about 3 or 4 nights a week until she was old enough to get out of bed and come to her parents' room until she was about 3 years old. She must have been teething.

Shawn and Becky said...

Even when they can talk they can't always tell you what's really wrong. Hope she (and you) feel better soon and can all get back to happy and healthy. Could it be food allergy? Try anything new lately? We found out the hard way - with similar symptoms - that hummus and Cameron do not go well together :)

The Moores said...

Isn't being a parent fun?! I've got absolutely no advice, but I sure do have a lot of sympathy/empathy for you. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I just wish I were there to help out. I'd love to walk the floor with her or take her for a walk or just stay with her so you could get out of the house by yourself for a few minutes. I hope the doctor can give you an answer tomorrow. Love ya all much. Mom aka Gma

Related Posts with Thumbnails