Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ah the Joy of JBF

Last week was the spring JBF sale at the OKC fairgrounds. It was my second time to consign and first time to volunteer. I love it! I don't know what I love more: the great deals I can get or how ORGANIZED it all is.
I stole these photos from their facebook page (I took none of my own) to show you the magnitude of it. And you would think with 400 of the same activity table it would look junky but oh no. They organize them all neatly.
They don't take stained clothing, the shoes have to be pretty perfect to pass, and the toys have to be in working order. People get to price their own items and you can follow what sells online and either donate or pick your stuff up at the end. It's just plain genius.
For those of you who are too high and mighty to buy gently used things....you are missing out! I got Liv just a few clothes since she already has a summer wardrobe handed down from Audrey, but the shoes are worth it alone! I got her lots of new books and a few puzzles and toys. Some she got now but some I'm putting away for her bday and Christmas. I didn't go crazy or anything. I allowed myself two gift bags that I could fill but that was it! As far as volunteering went, the time flew by. Lo and I swapped babysitting days so we could volunteer a 4 hour shift, shop early, and earn more on our sales. I thought it was worth it since I was busy the whole time. I think if I had to check people out for 4 hours I might get bored but I was on my feet and running around so it was fun.
Ok I'll shut up now but they have these sales all over the country so I encourage you to check and see if there is one near you! See all you JBFers in the fall :)

(It stands for Just Between Friends but when you use the abbreviation it can sound a bit naughty)

6 comments:

tricia said...

Holy cow, this looks incredible! I cant believe how well organized it all looks!

TLKOREGON said...

Wow!! I want to go! That looks like great fun!

Erin said...

I only go on half price Saturdays and wow - the magnitude of all those toys. I never knew since by the time I show up, everything is pretty much gone!!

kmom said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Evidently this is not the sale I went to with you, and I thought that one was super. This one looks mind-boggling! Wow!

Leslie said...

I have never seen anything like this. So.many.plastic.toys........

LittleKelly said...

Holy Cow! That is awesome! So you get a profit from what you donate? I am totally facinated. I am in love with our church's garage sale but this is about 4 times bigger. I am SOOOOO jeleous.

Related Posts with Thumbnails