Thursday, March 24, 2011

Getting Cultured

If there is one thing I know for sure about my daughter, it is that she has a song in her heart. She loves music! When any music is on she starts dancing with it, and I of course think she's the cutest dancer ever. We listen to lots of music in the house: when we eat breakfast, when we are playing with toys, in the bathtub, and of course her mama goes around singing a lot so I'm sure that helps too.
video
However I was shocked the other night during a PBS special of Les Miserables when Olivia climbed in my lap and started watching. She's not a huge fan of TV and won't sit still to watch shows for too long but she was glued. By the time Javier was singing, she was in tears. Ryan and I were trying not to laugh and he ran to get the video camera.

video

You can see her eyes are still watery, but she had stopped crying at this point. It's not an exciting video but you can definitely see how entranced she is! Maybe we'll skip Sesame Street Live and go straight on to the big Broadway shows!

We also got cultured at the library this week and went to hear an African trio play. The man playing the balafon (xylophone looking thing) has played with Yo-yo Ma and Ben Harper.

video
They were very good. Olivia did not dance with them but she did enjoy it! And I did too!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's what I call entertainment. That girl is just so so precious. Give her a big kiss from Grandma. Love you guys. Mom aka Gma

The Moores said...

A love of music must run in the family. Her Moore cousins all love to sing too. Our PBS station had Les Mis on a couple of weeks ago and George was totally entranced by it.

Leslie said...

The enthrallment...man, if only i could ever concentrate on anything long enough...

Amanda said...

sweet moves, Liv! I wanted to tell you though that I was watching Les Mis on PBS at the same time as you three way up north in Vancouver. Small world. Great way to spend an evening. Don't worry Olivia, it makes me cry too.

kmom said...

I have watched Olivia's dance video over and over again. She is so cute to watch! It looks like she has the moves in her head and she is waiting until the right time in the music to do them. She definitely looked totally involved with Les Mis. I laughed when she didn't even try to get the TV remote back.

lizcannon said...

so sweet. i love love love the dancing!

Kristen said...

Oh, my. This is so super cute! Love her dance moves. And that she loved Les Mis. Wow, I'm impressed. You gotta bring that girl to Makin' Music. ;)

Tarren and Erin said...

She is a great dancer! Liesel just stomps her feet and goes around in a circle. I like Olivia's arm movements and everything. She's good.

Jennifer said...

Love the dancing. Olivia has some moves. She might be the next Broadway star.

Related Posts with Thumbnails