Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Niece Violet

My oldest niece is 6 today. I used to be much better at remembering to send cards or gifts or at least calling on birthdays. I used to be a good aunt. Then I up and had a baby and I don't dote on my nieces and nephews as much as I used to, but that doesn't mean I love them any less!
I know she will read my blog because she is just that awesome of a 6 year old so this will be my birthday card.


Violet,
You are a unique, creative, thoughtful, smart, and hilarious girl. Just the thought of you brings a smile to my face! Your uncle and I often quote hilarious things you have said and we don't even get to see you that often. I have fond memories from all of our visits with you. I love you and hope you had a wonderful birthday! Here are my 6 bits of wisdom to my favorite 6 year old!


1. Spend time with with friends and classmates who are fun and make you feel good.
2. Don't worry about the classmates who are hurtful. They are hurtful because they are hurting inside. Be nice to them, but don't let them bring you down.
3. Your little sister may be annoying at times but she will be by your side for life, so be patient with her!
4. Say "I'm sorry" when you mess up, but know that everyone makes mistakes and you can try to do better next time.
5. When you're sad, sing a song that makes you happy. (and if that doesn't work make silly faces in a mirror until you forget why you're sad)
6. Keep loving on all of those animals at your house. Animal skills and people skills often go hand in hand, but you won't realize this until later in life!


(I can't promise I'll remember to do this for George, Nolan, Hazel, and Alice but I surely will try because I love each one of you too!)

2 comments:

TLKOREGON said...

Thank you Aunt Katie..she knows she is loved. That wisdom is better than any 'ole Barbie! We love you!

Anonymous said...

Great advice. Love, Mom aka Gma

Related Posts with Thumbnails