Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Do you come here often?

Remember the mirror my daughter broke? Well it now sits outside in between our garage and our neighbors and it makes a great place for Ryan to trim his beard. Why must he trim his beard outside? If you don't know the answer to that question, then you've never lived in a small house with one bathroom and a baby who's a light sleeper. Anyway we noticed a few weeks ago that birds LOVE mirrors. This bird in particular is there EVERY day. He struts and calls and chirps at the birdie he's trying to impress....I don't reckon he knows it's himself. Often there are 2 or 3 birds there trying to sweet talk the birds in the mirrors. It's quite hilarious to me. Here's a closer look since you may not catch it in the photo above.
So close he could kiss himself!
ooo burn! I guess even birds get rejected from time to time.

Does anyone know what bird this is? Judging from the Golden Book Olivia has on Birds I was guessing a purple martin but I have no idea really.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

it might be a brown headed cowbird...i cant tell very well from the picture but that is an actual common bird in OK. and believe it or not, i took a class on birds in college called ornythology!!

lizcannon said...

i probably could watch that bird do that all day long, love it!

Leslie said...

totally why birds + glass skyscrapers = bad!! they're so vain!

Anonymous said...

I think I'm gonna put a mirror in my yard. Looks like great entertainment. Love ya, Mom aka Gma

Ryan and Katie said...

I think you're right Shanny. After I googled it I would have to agree. Wow I thought you couldn't get anymore Granny like but now you know about birds too!

trish said...

so funny!

Shawn and Becky said...

Do you think it's taking the beard trimmings to it's nest? Weird, but maybe good nest material?

Related Posts with Thumbnails