Thursday, April 21, 2011

Monkeys in a Blanket?

Here's the shortest recipe ever but your toddler might enjoy it! My friend Nicole (I can't link to her blog because she doesn't have one....why don't you have one Nicole?) made this for her daughter last week and said she got the brilliant idea from this website about feeding kiddos. I thought I'd try it out since Liv does like Tortillas, bananas, and peanut butter. But she does tend to freak out when I try to mix things together so it wasn't a sure bet. Here are the ingredients....
First you smear the peanut butter on the tortilla--you know the whole wheat kind is better right?
Then peel the banana and wrap the tortilla around it! Voila! I don't have a clever name for this...banana wrap, banana burrito, pbbt, Monkeys in a blanket, I dunno.
After a few skeptical glances.....
she finally took a bite.....
then had to check out what was inside....
then gobbled it up!
Any meal where peanut butter is left on your forehead is a good meal I'd say!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Olivia, you have just made me crave a peanut butter, banana sandwich. Those are my absolute fave!! -April

kmom said...

Cute outfit on Olivia. Super cute girl. Great banana wrap idea.

Anonymous said...

Peanut butter and banana on toast is one of my faves too. Its a healthy meal but so full of calories. Which is not a problem for sweet Olivia but doesn't help out this old Grandma.

Leslie said...

with that refined palate, 'liv would be welcome for dinner here any night.

the moran family said...

I have that for MY snack too!! I add a little bit of nutella to mine... :-). For the kids snack, I also cut them into pieces and serve as "sushi". HAHA.

tricia said...

yum! you have the best snack ideas.

Related Posts with Thumbnails