Monday, May 23, 2011

Did you miss me?

Could you even tell I was gone? Well I was. For 2 weeks. First stop was Eureka Springs for a mini-vacation WITHOUT our kid! I did a lot of the following in our cabin on the lake.
We ventured into the little artsy ghost town (literally NO one was there and EVERYTHING closes at 5 on a weekday. Weird for a tourist town if you ask me but whatev) for a meal and walk every now and then but mostly we were content to lounge on our balcony overlooking the lake or watch HGTV from the king size bed. You know how I roll. I read 2.5 books in 4 days! Ahhh now that's a vacation!
In town I got to visit the hotel where my GRANDPARENTS spent their honeymoon over 60 years ago.
It's still a hotel and cute and antique as ever!
We also visited this large statue of Travis Tritt.
What's that you say? It's not Travis?! It's supposed to be Jesus? Oh then I guess this next photo is a little inappropriate.
It just seemed so natural. Ry asked for forgiveness though and I'm happy to say we received it. Amen.
But I know what you're all wanting to know. Did you try the healing waters from the springs of Eureka? Why yes, yes I did.
Verdict: Healed!
I'll end part one of my 2 week hiatus happenings with a pic of the most patriotic thing I've ever done...besides vote.


6 comments:

JanaGriffis said...

Hahaha! I love these! It looks like you had so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Ididn't know the Eureka springs were supposed to be healing. I think maybe we'll stop by there on our way to OKC today and try to get rid of this stubborn cold I've had for a couple of weeks. See ya later. Love Mom aka Gma

kmom said...

Your cabin looked so comfy cozy.

Leslie said...

is it just me? am i the only one confused by your salute to the red, wavy, zebra car?

and how cute was that cabin! adorbs.

lauren and brad said...

you so funny.

Monique said...

Glad you had a good trip! Enjoyed looking at the pictures.

Related Posts with Thumbnails