Monday, May 30, 2011

I like my house because....

...of Olivia's Patio! Long ago, before I was even pregnant, I thought that the wasted narrow space between our garage and our neighbor's garage would be a fun play space for a kid. This weekend we worked our tails off and made it a reality! Here is the sad before picture:
And here is the after!
We used old items, new items, Craigslist, Ace, Walmart, and Garden Ridge for most things seen.
Ryan built the deck with spare wood we had and we borrowed the red paint from a friend. I love the color! I made the sign out of an doormat and red paint. The other hanging "art" is placemats.
We had the leftover peg board and spray painted it light pink for all of Liv's sandbox "tools"
We added a clothesline since she likes to help with the laundry.
The sandbox we found on craigslist and although it's not pictured, my favorite part is that it has a cover!
And no play space would be complete without a place for a snack!
Liv knew just what to do as soon as she entered...
...get comfy and read a good book! That's my girl!
She's already had a few friends over to play in it but that will be tomorrow's Memorial Day post!
I love having a vision for a space and seeing it actually come to fruition! And I think I like playing in it as much as my daughter!


15 comments:

H said...

That is so awesome! how fun!!

The Moores said...

Wow! That's incredible, what a lucky girl! The boys are sitting here looking at it with me, and REALLY want to come visit Uncle Ryan and Aunt Katie now :).

Shannon said...

Great job! I LOVE it! I can just see Lucy chasing those dogs and running right through that and knocking everything over!!

Shawn and Becky said...

Such a cool space. What a lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

Great job! Love ya, Mom aka Gma

Amanda said...

this is amazing, Katie! I can't beleive you guys created that! Perfect use for a random little space. Olivia, what a lucky little girl you are!

kmom said...

That space looks twice as wide afterwards as before! Keep the yellow shirt for the clothes line.

kmom said...

Katie and Ryan you are so creative!!!

JanaGriffis said...

Katie, this turned out so awesome! What a lucky little girl to have such a creative and crafty momma!

Monique said...

Looks awesome!

tricia said...

oh my gosh, this is amazing! i wish i had a cool place like this growing up :)

Jennifer said...

That is fantastic! What a great space for little ones (and big ones) to play in.

Annaleise said...

Amazing Katie!! I want to come play!

Erika D. said...

How fun!!!!!!! I have a similar space I am working on also, just wondering do you bring everything in when it rains? Have teh little paper laterns held up well?

Ryan and Katie said...

No I don't bring anything in when it rains. It's been up over a year and the lanterns and mats are a bit faded but I've never taken them down. I did have to replace the shower curtain after the winter so I think this winter I will take it down. Other than that all the stuff has lasted!

Related Posts with Thumbnails