Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Weathering the Storms

I interrupt my own vacation updates to let everyone know we are ok. I've been getting lots of texts and emails wondering about us, and we are just fine and dandy. We hung out at the church for a bit and went down to the basement for part of it, but mostly just watched it on TV. Sadly many others around us are not so fortunate and I'm sure you've seen the devastation and heard the stories on the news. Just pray for all of those hurting and missing right now. I can't even begin to understand the images I've seen and my heart breaks for the mother who has lost a child and is missing another.

Tornado season is always a bit crazy around here. You really can't understand the pandemonium of it all unless you've lived here. The hype of the weathermen, the constant replays of weather shots for weeks--even years--(like replays of a sporting event), the terms you learn like "hook echo", the lack of cell phone service because EVERYONE is calling and checking on their loved ones. Maybe one day we'll cave in and buy a storm shelter, but I hope we never have to experience what unfortunately many around us have in the past few weeks. Keep praying.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails