Sunday, June 12, 2011

Front Door Makeover

I've been wanting a new wreath for our front door and was finally inspired by a fellow blogger's facebook photo of one she made (thanks Mandy!) I thought I might do a yarn one like I did for Liv's room (see here and here) but decided to go all florally. I swung by Hobby Lobby on the way to a mommy craft day and made this one pretty fast.
I like it a lot! Sorry I didn't do step by step photos but the steps are
1. buy a blank wreath
2. buy fake floral stems you like
3. tear apart stems and lay on the wreath in a pattern you like
4. hot glue on
5. done!
It was way easier than I thought it would be.
I think it greatly improves our front door. I had a lot of sprigs leftover too so I think I will make another one at the next craft day! Until then, the stems look nice sitting in a vase in the dining room.

4 comments:

The Moores said...

Very cute!Too bad the theme for Christmas isn't "homemade gifts", I'd totally be expecting one.

P.S. Are you really reading a book by Snooki? Cant't wait to read the review!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! And very creative. Good job Katie. Love, Mom aka Gma

kmom said...

You're creative ability and results are impressive!

lauren and brad said...

It looks beautimus! I love it! You are such a crafty crow...

Related Posts with Thumbnails