Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Happy Birthday Hazel!

My niece Hazel is 5 today! I don't remember much about being five, but in keeping with my theme for the year I will try to give her five pieces of wisdom as her present. I have been around 23 more years than her so I should know a thing or two.
Dearest Hazel,
I can't wait to see you next week and I will sing you happy birthday in person when I do, but until then here are 5 things that I think someone your age can now handle:
  1. Big sisters can be bossy sometimes, don't be afraid to tell Violet if you'd rather play something else. But say it in a nice way.
  2. Wait until you're alone in your bedroom or bathroom to pick your nose, and wash your hands when you're done.
  3. Make sure your shoes are tied when you ride your bike
  4. Snuggle with your mom and dad every now and then. Even though you are a big girl, you will always be their baby.
  5. Give one of your coloring book pages to aunt Katie. I hear you're an awesome artist and my fridge would love a picture from you!
See you soon Sweet Hazel!!

3 comments:

TLKOREGON said...

I couldn't have said it better myself! I will have to print these off (and the ones you did for Violet's 6th birthday) and read them to them now and then. They are great~ Can't wait to see you so soon.Love you.

Anonymous said...

Great advice for those of us at any age Aunt Katie. (Well, maybe I'm too big for mommy's lap now.) See ya soon. Love, Mom aka Gma

Leslie said...

Pick your nose in private!! HA!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails