Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I'm a looker, not a cooker, dahling!

My magnet made me remember another series I started but never got very far. I keep meaning to post more recipes of our favorite meals but I only remember when I'm halfway through the meal and the pictures of the step by step process can't be redone! Oh well. Someday I'll remember BEFORE I actually start making it. Most of the recipes I enjoy the most are already on people's blogs. So I'll share two of our recent ones and try to remember to post more of my own (when there's actually photos to accompany them)!

We tried the PW's veggie lasagna awhile back and I must say I've never chopped so many veggies for one meal. It was decent but I think I might try my dad's recipe next time and just add veggies instead of meat and see if I like it better. Anytime I cook a PW recipe it takes at least twice the prep time she mentions and I think all the counter space is used up with a massive clean up afterward.

This Angel Chicken is one of my fav crockpot recipes from my friend Annaleise. The first time I made it I used the whole tub of cream cheese instead of half....whoops! But I think I liked it better that way so I might keep it that way for future meals. Not healthier but yummier! She has lots of other fun recipes to check out on her blog and I think I've done about all the crockpot ones.

And since I can't have a post without posting a pic here is a non-related one of Olivia and Jensen at the library last week. I love his big blue eyes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your Angel chicken when you made it for us. And I wouldn't mind at all if you put the whole container of cream cheese in it. Sometimes ya just gotta cook for the pure enjoyment of taste and not for our health. And did you know that Pioneer Woman has written a children's book? I saw it at Chapters last week. I can't remember the name of it though. Thanks for sharing the picture of our sweet Olivia. I can't wait to give her some Grandma sugar next week. Love ya and will see you soon. Mom aka Gma

Leslie said...

i love little liv's little face.

kmom said...

I always like seeing pictures of Olivia.

Related Posts with Thumbnails