Friday, June 10, 2011

Newsletter: 21 Months

Dear Olivia,
You are finally old enough that I'm having a hard time remembering what specific month you are on. Pretty soon we'll hit the big 2 and I wonder if I'll still go by your age in months? I guess we will see soon enough!
The weather has been so nice lately and we've been taking full advantage of it! Anything we can do outdoors you love! We often go to the park, to the spray ground, the zoo, the backyard, or a friend's backyard. You have already turned a golden brown and I am wondering just how blonde your hair will turn in the sun this summer.
This month you have developed a fear of flies. The terror of them lasted about a week before I just couldn't take much more of your screaming and convulsing when one landed on you or worse....your food. So I bought you a fly swatter and you are starting to overcome the fear now by trying to kill them. We also have a horrible gnat issue and you've watched your daddy and I clap them between our hands so much that you randomly will clap your hands at dinner now like you got one!
My favorite thing you've started doing this month is calling me "Mommy," not mama anymore but mommy. It tugs at my heart even more and when you are yelling my name when you don't want to take a nap or a bath I have a really hard time not giving in! You have started saying lots of new words and will attempt just about any word we ask you to say. Some that come to mind this month are church, friends, steps, flies, and oatmeal. You also still sign words but have started saying please and more while you sign them.
I was really hoping that we could start potty training soon since you are waking up dry from naps and even in the morning some days. You have very few wet diapers a day and seem to hold it a long time but when we try to get you to sit on the potty you are only interested for about .5 seconds then you're done! Oh well we will keep up the potty chat and hope you become interested soon!
You've started singing much more this month and when I lay you down for naps sometimes you sing a long with me instead of falling asleep. You don't say words to the song but just kind of hum. You've started singing more in church too and I know your Bible class teacher enjoys that! You also want to hold our hands sometimes at the dinner table when we pray. Before you were too interested in the food to think about holding hands but I knew you'd come around.
You crack me up everyday when we go places because you say "bye" to everything and everyone. You say bye to the house, bye to the car in the parking lot, bye to everyone (usually strangers) in the gym, bye to your sandbox, bye to the park, etc.
Things you love to do this month include pointing to airplanes in the sky, watching for trains when we drive and saying choo-choo, jumping with both feet in the air, unlocking the car with the automatic clicker, and getting mommy's underwear out of the laundry piles and trying them all on.
I think you are old enough now that you are remembering people much easier. You run to friends you know and hug and kiss them. You don't have to warm up to grandparents that you haven't seen in awhile because I think you remember them. (I'm sure skype helps!) You spent lots of time with grandparents this month in Branson and in Henderson and we all survived our first extended time apart from each other. You did so well (and I did too) but I cannot describe the feeling that came over me when I saw you for the first time in 3 days. I wish I had recorded the look on both of our faces because it would light up any bad day I ever had. I know I will always be that excited to see you and I hope that you are too.
I love you,
Mommy

4 comments:

kmom said...

I like the news letters. Hope we Skype soon. It has been less than a month since we were together, but it seems longer. Love, Grammy

Monique said...

She is such a beautiful little girl. Takes after her momma.

Anonymous said...

Happy 21 months sweet Olivia. Grandma and Grandpa love you very much and can't wait to see you and your mommy and daddy again in a couple of weeks. Love Gma

Leslie said...

please bottle whatever it is that makes her hair look so amazing. so pretty!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails