Friday, June 17, 2011

Trinkets That Make Me Smile: Part IV

Here we are, the last of the trinket posts. What a crazy ride it's been! Or maybe not, but it sure was a fast way to do 4 posts in one week! :)

These blocks were from my grandmother's house and I think were either hers or my dad's when they were little. I have a lot of them but found the ones to spell our name to put on display in our living room.
These teeny chairs are little pewter place card holders. I have 8 of them. I very rarely have used them for their correct purpose, but they sit on display in our kitchen corner cabinets.
And then there is this tiny painting that we got for a souvenir on our honeymoon in Cozumel. I'm sure it was overpriced but we HAD to get SOMETHING. It matches nothing in our home so it sits in a drawer in the nightstand but I still like it.
(Please sing to tune of mickey mouse)
Now it's time, to say goodbye, to trinkets that make me smile.
T-R-I-N-K-E-T-S

3 comments:

Leslie said...

such a fun micro-look at your home! thanks.

Anonymous said...

The mini chairs are too cute. Maybe someday Olivia will have Polly Pockets and the chairs will be perfect. Mom aka Gma

kmom said...

I think Grandmommy said the blocks belonged to her brother, Charles, who was a little older than her. I think your Dad and Uncle Randy played with them when they visited their Grandmother Dunham in Springfield, Mo.

Related Posts with Thumbnails