Saturday, July 30, 2011

Before there was blogging

If you didn't already know I've been in TN for a week and will be here another week. I had posted all the other stuff before I left, thinking it would be easy to post from my ipad or my parents computer, but oh how I was so very wrong! So many of our adventures will have to wait to be shared until I return because I have no way to upload the pictures that go with the posts.

Anyway when I am home I like to torture myself by browsing through my old journals.The reason I'm such a dedicated blogger is because I've always been a blogger--except back then it was called keeping a diary. I kept one daily from 6th grade-12th grade in various cheap notebooks that I decorated with graffiti of the "inside joke" of the year (that I have NO idea what any of them mean now) or with KATIE LUVS (Insert random boys name here) or the obvious "KEEP OUT!"These are the 29 tomes that hold all my horrible adolescent secrets. I want to burn them very badly but I have a feeling they might come in handy when Olivia turns 12 and I can go back and read how insane I was and somehow feel that she will turn out alright. If I can find anything hilarious, yet not totally mortifying, I might try to post some excerpts from them on the blog this week.

We are having a great time in TN except for the fact that I seem to have caught leprosy, but I will save that for another post.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

i've never seen anything like it. especially fond of the "STAY OUT" with menacing smiley face. can't WAIT for the excerpts.

Kayla said...

WOW. You were dedicated. I think the longest I lasted was a week. Then I'd wait a couple years and try again...for three days...and wait a couple more years.

devon lorraine ... said...

excerpts.

goodness, i have journals from college somewhere. i really don't want anyone reading those suckers!

devon lorraine ... said...

wait, i meant to shout this as a vote of approval for your next posts:

excerpts! excerpts! excerpts!

devon lorraine ... said...

p.s. i hate blogging from the ipad. i flat out don't do it.

tricia said...

agreed: excerpts please! love that you were so diligent about journaling and still have them!

Jennifer said...

The sheer volume of journals is very impressive. I "started" about 29 journals throughout highschool, but none of them have more than a page and a half of scribbling.

Related Posts with Thumbnails