Thursday, July 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Alice

My niece, Alice turned 2 while we were in Oregon.
She and Olivia are so close together that I hope they have a lifelong friendship like my closest cousin Kelly and I have (I get to see you next week Kelly!!) They won't get to see each other but maybe once or twice a year but I can already tell they will be able to pick up where they left off every time. They couldn't be more different one is a blue eyed blonde, the other a brown eyed brunette, one is shy and reserved around others and the other is a showboat, one is a constant stream of chatter and the other will be once she learns all those words! They balance each other out and I'm thankful for Liv to have a cousin her age! Without further adieu here are my 2 pieces of advice for the new 2 year old (I would say not to let her older brothers boss her around, but she has them well handled already!)
1. Remember to wear sunscreen
2. Skype with your cousin Liv to stay in touch! And maybe to teach her more vocabulary
(Don't worry my other nieces and nephews...I'll show pictures of you on another post!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOOOOOO Adorable!! I miss my baby girls. Love, Gma

The Moores said...

I've been having feelings of guilt that Alice won't be able to grow up with a sister around. I know how much I cherish my sis. But I'm glad she has a cousin so close in age that will hopefully fill that position.
Very wise advice, by the way. Alice will be sure to remember those.

kmom said...

So, Katie, on your birthday do we each get to give you 29 pieces of advice?

Shawn and Becky said...

Cameron has a cousin that's the same age and they don't get to see each other as much as we'd like, they fall right back into when they do. They have something so special it's amazing. And no one else has that with either kid! Yeah for cousins!

Related Posts with Thumbnails