Sunday, August 07, 2011

I'm Trying Hard to Love you--You don't make it easy Babe

Does the title give you any hint as to what this post is about? Remember when I did lyrics for post titles for a month because we were counting down until the Josh Ritter concert? Well guess what? We went to another one of his concerts! He hasn't come to Oklahoma in 7 years so when we found out he was playing in Tulsa the NIGHT BEFORE Liv and I were leaving Ryan for 2 weeks, we were pretty bummed. We knew there just wouldn't be time to drive to Tulsa and come home and get up early the next day to go to the airport so we didn't talk about it anymore.

But I love surprises and I love my husband and we both love Josh Ritter and I can't pass up the chance to make my husband happy because there are few things in life that I know will make him happy and this was one of them. So I found some dear friends (Thank you Fosters!) willing to stay with Liv until we got home at like 1 am and when Ryan got home from work I was waiting on the steps in a pretty dress and Liv handed him the envelope with tickets. :) I said you have 5 minutes to get ready cause we're going to Tulsa!
We aren't big concert goers so this was our first time to Cain's Ballroom. It's a pretty cool little venue with a lot of history if you're interested.
There weren't a ton of people there since he isn't entirely too famous so we were able to stand right close to the stage and sing along.
It was a wonderful evening and worth every bit of the early packing and lack of sleep!

Up next....posts of our Indiana and Tennessee adventures!

3 comments:

H said...

ahh that's so awesome you did that!!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet wife you are. I'm glad you're home safe from Tennessee (I'm assuming). Mom aka Gma

Sommer said...

Yay! I'm so glad you guys got to go. So fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails