Monday, August 15, 2011

The Part that WAS a wedding

So you just read about a wedding from a cousin on one side of my family and now you get to read about a cousin on the other side. On my mom's side I have 11 cousins and they are spread out all over America and I only got to see them once or twice a year growing up. On my dad's side I have 2 cousins and we lived in the same small town our whole lives, so we saw each other all the time. I still remember going to see Bonnie Mae the day they brought her home, so seeing her walk down the aisle was a bit crazy. But first the pre-wedding activities.There was a Bachelorette night full of Italian food, ice cream, and a movie (Crazy, Stupid, Love which was awesome) And there was a delicious rehearsal dinner. Liv didn't have to rehearse much but she liked playing on the stage and trying to distract everyone from Ms. Becky's instructions. Bonnie was pretty nervous before the ceremony so to calm her down I threw a crying flower girl in her lap. It seemed to help, but the tears were contagious and she bawled the whole way down the aisle. I can't talk though because this is the face I made the whole way down the aisle at my wedding.Is that terror? Fear? Happiness? Fright? Joy? Scared out of my mindness? I have no idea, but it ain't pretty. Anyway she cried, I cried, we all cried but she she made it down the aisle in one piece to see this guy. His name's Randall. I love that look on his face.
It was smooth sailing from there and her grandfather did a pretty good job of cracking everyone up during the ceremony. Did I mention that she bravely had SIX kids in her wedding!
Thankfully she decided to let the youngest two just be in pictures (Olivia was included in that). It was stressful enough just to keep her quiet during the wedding so I'm glad we didn't have to figure out how to bribe her down the aisle! There is only so much yogurt melts can do. I think we even had to give some to Pop so he would smile in pictures.

She did look adorable in her flower girl dress though!
Olivia remembered what these weddings were truly about when we got to the reception and she saw the bubbles!

My sister is so pretty. Joe cleans up alright too I guess.

Congrats Bonnie and Randall! Love you!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Olivia made a beautiful flower girl. Did your Grandpa make his cane out of a saw? Looks like it. Love, Gma aka Mom

Leslie said...

Gma, that was going to be MY comment too! Also, your cousin was totally pulling a Kate Moss with all those kids.

Becky W said...

Olivia was wonderful the night of the rehearsal and all i have to say is THANK GOODNESS FOR YOGURT MELTS!!!

Leslie said...

Whoops. Here's a better link.

Anonymous said...

So cute! Glad you were able to be here for all of the pre-wedding festivities, too. :)

~Rachel

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys were at the wedding! Olivia being in it was so special, even if she did cry most of the morning. It was nice to have some company in that respect. I love this post. It's so nice to have another way to remember it, because most of the morning is kind of a blur to me right now. I already miss you guys!!! Can't wait to see you again! Love you!

Bonnie (Hendrix) - gotta love it!

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures of Bonnie's wedding. At last count though on our side of the family you have 12 cousins.

Love, Granddad

Anonymous said...

I take that back. One is your Amy.
Sorry to question your math.

Love, Granddad

Related Posts with Thumbnails