Friday, August 26, 2011

The Winner is Emily!!!

Ok I lied. I'm ending the contest 24 hours before I said I would because I didn't realize once someone answers all the questions wouldn't the other people just read those answers?? But I'm super impressed with Emily! (I will send your prize with your sister today when I see her) Thanks to all who participated. I was impressed that you all got so many! I thought I would stump you. Now I know next time to make it harder!

Here's the thing though. According to my little stat tracker over 150 people read this blog everyday. 150! I know random people tell me they read my blog all the time, but I'm pretty interested to know how it got to be so many. Thanks for reading whoever you all are! I started this blog to keep up with family and to keep memories of our life, and I constantly go back and read posts or look at pics of baby Olivia. I would probably keep doing this even if no one read it but me. I never thought that many people would be interested in reading it. So if any of you 150 people want to answer...what stuff do you like to see me blog about or are all of my posts equally as awesome?

For those interested in the correct answers with links to the original posts here they are:
  1. Leslie and the Ly's but I accept Matt's future wife because that's what I called in her in post. That was a random night. I need more of those in my life.
  2. Liv had thrush and we treated it with gentian violet, our first attempt was much messier than later ones.
  3. They are Joe's feet. There was a whole croc shot series. I told him I think we need to bring it back. I still hate crocs though
  4. Maggie--she's still standing by the way and filling out much more nicely. Still lopsided though.
  5. The Ice Storm of 2007--remember when we had no electricity for like 10 days and lived with the Barnes family?
  6. Barcelona, specifically a spire at Sagrada Familia
  7. Random couple whose wedding I witnessed in their bedroom my first month of work
  8. Land of Nod. Thanks for the distressed comments. Don't worry the Land of Nod still exists, just not like it used to. Once we started having babies it's rare we read the same books and we don't really meet and discuss like we used, but we still do every now and then. I am a part of another book club and that's the one I usually refer to in my book posts. I don't think it has a name...it should....
  9. She fell asleep at Mommy and me yoga. I miss yoga.
  10. I will accept Pumpkin or Tiffany as the answer
  11. We dressed up to watch Memoirs of a Geisha together with Matt. I think I did a lot more random things when I didn't have a child and when I lived in a neighborhood with a ton of college friends.
  12. Our mailbox. Nothing that exciting has been in it since.
  13. Our TV
  14. Butterball Ben! Those Fridays were a lot quieter than the ones we have together now! But still just as fun!
  15. She was in a pea pod for the clinical study we did at OU. I just found out we get to do the test again when she's 3 and 5...for more money of course. (Straight in college fund) No blood work so I'm cool with it but I'm not sure how she'll like the machine now that she's older and wiser!
  16. Bowling...I have no idea where this post is
  17. Branson
  18. Thanksgiving

10 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks Katie! I guess it comes in handy to blogstalk every once in awhile! I keep reading because your consistant...and it's just fun peeking into someone elses life for a bit. Keep up the hard work!

Anonymous said...

I definitely try to read your blog daily, even though I don't normally comment. I enjoy most of your posts just because I like the way you write. Posts with pictures are the best, especially if Liv's in them. :)

Rachel

Anonymous said...

I look forward to reading your blog everyday because it's one way to keep up with what's going on in my kiddos lives. Communication is hard with our busy lives. Thank you for posting alot of pictures and videos. I miss my boy and his sweet family so I love seeing pictures of all of you. And I especially love seeing pictures of Olivia because it's hard not being around her while she is growing and changing daily. Thank you for being consistent in your blogging. I know it's a challenge sometimes, but you are so very good at it. Love and miss ya, Mom aka Gma

kmom said...

Are those 150 different people checking your blog or could some of them be repeats of the same person? Sometimes I check your blog more than once a day to see if you have updated it or to read any new comments. I like to read what is going on in your, Ryan's, and Olivia's lives. I especially like to see videos and pictures of Olivia. Since you blog so much, I feel that you are not far away. It is a great way to keep in touch.

Ryan and Katie said...

I believe if I understand the tracker right its 150+. Page loads are the total amount of visitors, returning or new and that number is like 250+ so you all check it more than once a day. I don't think it even keeps up with the people who read it from an RSS feed or Google Reader so there's probably a few more.

H said...

I love all your postings, I especially love your mommy posts, I always can connect too those in particular and love the honesty and humor that I can count on from you!

Monique said...

I enjoy your blog so much! All the posts are great.

AM said...

I like the "things about you" posts, the shenanigans in the neighborhood posts, the fun Mommy stuff you do, the I love my house posts...I'm sure there's more, but that's my list for now.

Shawn and Becky said...

I like all your posts! Doesn't really matter the subject . . . you're the one who got me into blogs and blogging . . . I've been so crazy busy lately I've been bad at commenting, but as someone who blogs too, I know how much they mean!

Kelsey said...

I like all of your posts because I like you and your writing style. I also enjoy your book reviews and intend to read some of those books or suggest them at book club (even though I get shot down EVERY time). :)And your kid is pretty darn adorable. I like it all!

Related Posts with Thumbnails