Wednesday, September 07, 2011

It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To.

Today was SUPPOSED to be Olivia's birthday party with her playgroup friends. However she awoke last night with a pretty pitiful cry, just as I'd finished icing the cupcakes and putting out balloons and other birthday decor. I went in her room to check on her and her whole body was so hot, it physically hurt me to touch her. She was shaking all over and if it had been day time I would've immediately taken her to the doctor. But since it was late, we gave her ibuprofen, rocked her, and took turns being up all night with her.

When my daughter is sick, no matter what kind of sick, a demon takes over her while she sleeps. She grinds her teeth all night and makes these awful guttural throat noises that sound like they are straight out of the Exorcist. So there are no sweet moments where we are all cuddled in one bed sleeping. There is one of us in our bed with a pillow over their head while the other one lays in a trundle bed in her room with blood shot eyes, patting the demon's back hoping she stays asleep. When the demon awakes, we swap, sometimes (and I'll let you believe the moment of "who gets the sick baby duty" is a loving moment between Ryan and me)

So the party got rescheduled for next week and hopefully she can stay well for it! But I can't promise I'm making cupcakes again. My ladies Bible class enjoyed them tonight. She was pretty happy today despite the lack of sleep. I took her pic with the birthday decor for the blog's sake.
She didn't seem to have much of a fever today so I didn't take her to the doctor but we will still lay low the next few days. We watched a lot of Yo Gabba Gabba in bed today and she made me repeat Foofa singing the "Happy song" about 4 billion times.
It could be 2 year molars, it could be the bubonic plague...who knows?! There was a pretty horrible poop disaster at nap time, but I'm still recovering from it so I can't talk about it right now...just know if you ever have nap poop smearing stories...I bet I can one up you. Anyway the Grandparents get here tomorrow so we can celebrate Olivia all weekend long! I can't believe my baby is almost 2!!

5 comments:

kmom said...

The decorations and cupcakes are so cute! Lord willing we will see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Luck grandparents. I have to admit I'm a little jealous. I'm so glad she's feeling better. Love, Mom aka Gma

Michelle said...

It feels like yesterday I was coming up for her 1st birthday, my how time flies. Hope she's feeling better. I never take my kids to the doc unless I have to.

The Moores said...

Poor baby! Hope she's better soon.
Funny story; yesterday Alice was sitting on the toilet going potty and said "Livia come go potty with me? She go potty next to me on potty chair." She's obviously in need of some cousin bonding time. Wish we could be there to celebrate with you!

lauren and brad said...

Oh Livvy. I love that you keep your mama on her toes! We will celebrate SOON! xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails