Friday, September 09, 2011

The Moment We Met

video
Dear Olivia,
You stole my heart then, and you steal it everyday that I'm blessed to be your mommy. Happy 2 years baby girl!
I can't watch that video without crying. I love the way your hand reaches for my face. And I love how hard I'm fighting to keep my eyes open despite how many drugs are in me at this point. It's a 20 second video that marks the beginning of your entrance into the world and my entrance into motherhood. It's not the way I had dreamed our first moments together would be, but I'm so glad you were healthy and in my arms within a short time. You were a stubborn and dramatic baby on the days of your birth and you continue to be the same way two years later! I wouldn't change a thing about you and I try to cherish every minute of our moments together. I love you so much!

Love,
Mommy

(The longer newsletter will be a few days late as we are getting the most out of this birthday weekend with the family!)

9 comments:

TLKOREGON said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR OLIVIA!! LOVE love you!

Monique said...

Happy Birthday Olivia!

~Christy said...

dear liv..."this is your birthday song...it isent very long..."

love you guys...thanks for sharing that precious video!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for skyping this morning and letting me share a moment with that sweet sweet girl today. I wish I hadn't had that appointment. I could have sat there all day and watched her. I so glad Grammy and Papa could be there to share her day with her. I look forward to reading her official 2 year blog. The video makes me cry too. Love and Happy Birthday Oliva Ryan. Grandma

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture of you two. Hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating that sweet girl's 2nd birthday. Love you all!

~Rachel

lauren and brad said...

crying. TWO years? oh liv. love you both.

Ted and Anne said...

Happy Birthday Miss Olivia! Hope you have a fun year being 2!!!

Shawn and Becky said...

What a sweet video! Happy Birthday Olivia!

Leslie said...

saved the video to watch when i could turn it up.


bawled.

Related Posts with Thumbnails